Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Someone needs to post the speech from the uGA President to the Board of Regents justifying the need for uGA Engineering because Georgia Tech Engineers are too expensive, creating a gap for low-cost rural engineers in Georgia.

Why would anyone want to pursue that degree there? You'll spend your career explaining to people why you didn't go to Georgia Tech for Engineering.

GTTiger

Varsity Lurker

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Ha-ha insurance.
I hear you can make a solid $50k a year after a good 10 years in the industry. Excellent choice. Might could find a nice little strip mall in south Georgia and put in a nice little office and peddle insurance.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Someone needs to post the speech from the uGA President to the Board of Regents justifying the need for uGA Engineering because Georgia Tech Engineers are too expensive, creating a gap for low-cost rural engineers in Georgia.

Why would anyone want to pursue that degree there? You'll spend your career explaining to people why you didn't go to Georgia Tech for Engineering.

Does that mean that Tech should expand its majors so that Georgia can have qualified, well-respected versions of whatever UGA produces so that the State doesn't have to settle for crappy, low-cost rural versions?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Does that mean that Tech should expand its majors so that Georgia can have qualified, well-respected versions of whatever UGA produces so that the State doesn't have to settle for crappy, low-cost rural versions?
No, it doesn't work in the opposite direction. Even though Georgia is in desperate need of more MDs, and the only public medical school in GA changed its name a few years back to try to improve it's rank, Georgia does not need GT to start a medical school.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Is this the thread where we discuss the minimum salary a GT grad needs to make to not be considered am embarrassment?

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Or like that guy Tuitt who went to ND cause his mom thought it was a better school then left before even finishing his psychology degree?
I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist on recruiting. There's plenty of legitimate reasons to want to pick others schools over the school happens to be my alma mater. But there's little doubt in my mind why Tuitt's mom wanted him at ND...just like there's little doubt in my mind that two blue chip DLs from the same class committing to Tech and FSU respectively only to have their parents refuse to sign papers with anybody but ND within a week of NSD wasn't a coincidence.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
"millionare__dreams" ... The saddest thing about that is "millionare_dreams" was already taken.

This kid's not worth it. He's no Tuitt

sthorfinnr

We The Vanguard Stockholders
"millionare__dreams" ... The saddest thing about that is "millionare_dreams" was already taken.

This kid's not worth it. He's no Tuitt
I want the kid. He might be the 2nd biggest recruit we ever landed after Calvin. So he can't spell "millionaire". I see dispositions by guys with engineering degrees on my job whose grammar is a lot worse. If he goes to UGAg, I'm not going to be busted up about it, but getting him would be huge. People talk about us raising our overall talent level. Well . . . .

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I want the kid. He might be the 2nd biggest recruit we ever landed after Calvin. So he can't spell "millionaire". I see dispositions by guys with engineering degrees on my job whose grammar is a lot worse. If he goes to UGAg, I'm not going to be busted up about it, but getting him would be huge. People talk about us raising our overall talent level. Well . . . .
If he goes to UGAg, he needs to change his name to thousndare_dream

Status
Not open for further replies.