Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Within which week again?
One of them, surely.

Just kidding, Akinji has literally killed this young man's career with his careless words. This website is a realm of foul magicks, and ignorance of them has very real consequence in the world.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
What is so long about it?
I don't involve myself too heavily in recruiting gossip, but I did read through the comments on a reddit /cfb thread about him and I didn't see us mentioned anywhere (it was all Stanford with a smattering of Notre Dame and UGA). Granted, public perception doesn't equal reality (and a subset of reddit doesn't necessarily represent the public), but I think a lot of people outside of the program will be totally shocked/blind-sided if he signs here.

But hey, GT football seems to thrive when no one is expecting them :fingersx:

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
One of them, surely.

Just kidding, Akinji has literally killed this young man's career with his careless words. This website is a realm of foul magicks, and ignorance of them has very real consequence in the world.
Superstitions are for peasants.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I don't involve myself too heavily in recruiting gossip, but I did read through the comments on a reddit /cfb thread about him and I didn't see us mentioned anywhere (it was all Stanford with a smattering of Notre Dame and UGA). Granted, public perception doesn't equal reality (and a subset of reddit doesn't necessarily represent the public), but I think a lot of people outside of the program will be totally shocked/blind-sided if he signs here.

But hey, GT football seems to thrive when no one is expecting them :fingersx:
They are getting their info from the Rivals crystal ball folks who are paid to predict for the big time programs. Meanwhile, his mother and his brother both like us, and his mom is actively pushing for us. He has already cancelled his OV with Georgia 3x, and is rescheduled again for this weekend. We will see if that happens.

He's visited the following schools:
Georgia Tech
Cal
Notre Dame

He also wants to visit:
Stanford (will be taking an unofficial here as a matter of fact)

So we are down to 1 last visit. So far he has cancelled Alabama and Georgia at least 3 times.

From Robertson:

His older brother said the 5-star prospect would likely choose Alabama if his decision came down to just football, but this process will lean heavily on academics.

“I know I can ball out where ever I go,” Demetris Robertson said. “There’s a lot more to this decision than that.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...top-receiver-has-a-new-uga-visit-plan-in-mind

From UGA Rivals:

“They’re in it, man. Like I told you, they have a great record of academics, good Georgia weather for the track thing and it suits him personality wise,” he said. “Plus, Mom loves it there.”

Demetris speaks with Yellow Jackets head coach Paul Johnson with some frequency. Carlos explained why his mother is so enamored with Georgia Tech.

“We actually have a relative who went to Tech, her nephew. All the things that he’s been able to accomplish and put himself in a prime position to take care of himself,” Robertson said. “Now, he’s in his 40s going on 50 and he can probably take care of three different generations right now. That’s why mom is so much in love. She’s not a sports person, but she’s in love with that aspect of it.”

Whatever decision is ultimately made, Mom’s voice will be heard.

“Her influence on us, when we were kids, and this family as a whole, is real big. She lives four hours away, but she’s a real big influence and she has that intuition. She’s always right about stuff,” Robertson said. “I can look back on things that I might not have thought and say mom was spot on. So she’s got a lot of influence on me, and they (she and Demetris) talk a lot"

So obviously Georgia is behind Alabama from a football-only standpoint and they are both behind a school with a good academic reputation. Stanford is Robertson's top choice. After that, I think we are tied for second with Notre Dame. The only place he's visited and we haven't heard anything about is Cal.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
they have a great record of academics
No they don't. They have an awful record of academics (if he is talking UGAg). The school is a joke. It has always been. My Grandad, who was born in 1904 and died in 1983, used to impress upon me what a horrible school UGAg was. He was correct.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
No they don't. They have an awful record of academics (if he is talking UGAg). The school is a joke. It has always been. My Grandad, who was born in 1904 and died in 1983, used to impress upon me what a horrible school UGAg was. He was correct.
Was talking GT as a great record of academics. That's way I read it. The article was from ugag rivals, so at first it seamed refering ugag. Not.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
You're an idiot.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Look I'll take it one step further, at the cost of freaking TIA out even more, if this kid doesn't come to Tech, I'll take a permaban.

Let the admins take note and make it happen if I'm wrong.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Look I'll take it one step further, at the cost of freaking TIA out even more, if this kid doesn't come to Tech, I'll take a permaban.

Well damn. Which side am I rooting for more?

Diseqc

Dodd-Like

Well..

Bye.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like

Look. I want the permaban, but not that bad.

Just don't go as far eating boots or alien life or whatever.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member

I'll be sure to do a 21 black moms salute in your honor. Never forget.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Well damn. Which side am I rooting for more?
Win win amirite?

I want you miserable pessimistic öööös to believe in victory for once rather than expecting the worst. I'll gladly sacrifice akinji07 to cleanse you of your sins.

But it's happening anyway so you won't be rid of me unfortunately.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Win win amirite?

I want you miserable pessimistic öööös to believe in victory for once rather than expecting the worst. I'll gladly sacrifice akinji07 to cleanse you of your sins.

But it's happening anyway so you won't be rid of me unfortunately.
I'm not buying this fake, selfless martyr act. You really just want your 72 black virgins.

Status
Not open for further replies.