Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go4Tech

Varsity Lurker
The real question is how to make "Next Thursday" into today.

Two things that all should know about a rain dance:
1) If one dances long enough it will rain, and
2) It really helps to know when to start dancing.

That is all.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Carlos said he doesn't expect the Bears coaches to make any more in-home visits and that it's possible Demetris might also sign an agreement with Georgia Tech.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
an unexpected twist. tries to transfer to Stanford later? or basically wants to be in Cali and settled for 2nd choice (after Stanford)?

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Carlos said he doesn't expect the Bears coaches to make any more in-home visits and that it's possible Demetris might also sign an agreement with Georgia Tech.
well, that sort of puts the news into a new, less definitive light

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Financial aid papers right now could mean very little or a lot. Given Robertson's affinity for Stanford, and the fact that this set of papers was signed with a school that seemed to be a non-factor, I would presume it means little right now.

My guess it is that it is a checkbox to mark off in order to get a short list of schools as well as keeping conversations open with coaches. If we see Robertson doing the same thing with other schools then we know it isn't just Cal he is still considering. I expect you will probably see him file financial aid papers with most of the schools he has visited.

I wouldn't count on Robertson signing a letter of intent until his test scores come back.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Thursday is only two days away!

gtphd

What a time to be alive
an unexpected twist. tries to transfer to Stanford later? or basically wants to be in Cali and settled for 2nd choice (after Stanford)?
Cal is an excellent academic school, similar to GT but with more major options. Given his comments about his desired school characteristics, it would not surprise me to see him finaid papers with GT, Stanford, and Cal. All excellent academic schools with good athletics and weather.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
What prevents athletes from signing these financial aid papers with all of their favored schools and then having unlimited interaction? Is there a maximum or something?

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Cal is an excellent academic school, similar to GT but with more major options. Given his comments about his desired school characteristics, it would not surprise me to see him finaid papers with GT, Stanford, and Cal. All excellent academic schools with good athletics and weather.
I don't disagree

SMoney

Dodd-Like
What prevents athletes from signing these financial aid papers with all of their favored schools and then having unlimited interaction? Is there a maximum or something?
I didn't think there was anything that prevented them from doing so - but itsn't it an issue for the school if an athlete signs these papers with a school and then goes elsewhere? Wasn't this the recruiting violation LSU had from a little while back?

Status
Not open for further replies.