Derrik Allen

Jack_it

Varsity Lurker
Does anyone know his status? I don’t see any buzz about him here or on the interweb.

Jack_it

Varsity Lurker
I was hoping CGC would mention him more if he was lighting it up in practice.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Collins does talk about him, I think he said the following:

* A leader on the development team and coach saw him every day
* Mentions that he is a "top 100" player
* I think he said he should help at both Safety and "nickel"
* My impression is they expect great things out of him

Techbert

Dodd-Like
He told an anecdote where DA was on the scout team and all the other scout team defenders respected him.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
From Quinlan's interview with CGC the other day:

Derrik Allen was one of the most popular kids on our developmental defense. He was an unbelievable teammate. There's a bunch of walk-ons over there. And not that we care about that, but the respect that he gave them, and the bonds that he made with them. I mean, he's one one of the top hundred players in the country. But he came here was on the developmental team, and never acted like he was something he just acted like he was a great teammate. He acted like he was just on the developmental team, I'm going to get better. I'm going to get better with my dudes, anyone out there and had a great attitude.

User 10337

He told an anecdote where DA was on the scout team and all the other scout team defenders respected him.
Good scout team players are hard to find. It's hard to give a good look consistently in practice. In addition, it's really tiring. It can be extremely rewarding if done correctly. You basically get free practice against the best on the team. It's how I made my chops- going up against D.Morgan, Mike Johnson, Vance, and Drich every down of my freshman year.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Good scout team players are hard to find. It's hard to give a good look consistently in practice. In addition, it's really tiring. It can be extremely rewarding if done correctly. You basically get free practice against the best on the team. It's how I made my chops- going up against D.Morgan, Mike Johnson, Vance, and Drich every down of my freshman year.
Iron sharpens iron

daBuzz

Dodd-Like

I took this to mean he was happy about being eligible to play starting this upcoming season.
You are correct. Notice he also has the Twitter handles for Clayton and Ezzard as well. IOW, they're no longer held back by the NCAA restrictions...now they can get on the field and compete.