Design Identity | Football Uniforms

200.gif
Just saying that our identity has been much more than the uniforms throughout the history. The old school looks best to me but IIWII.

when’s the last time we wore GWG at home?

Just saying that our identity has been much more than the uniforms throughout the history. The old school looks best to me but IIWII.

when’s the last time we wore GWG at home?
My reply earlier was in regards to someone asking 1982 what color the GT was in his avatar (the pic of the OB ring). He went on a rant about how it is black and that black is fine because it is not a color blah blah blah... I was making the point that the GT is navy on that ring.

Also, we wore GWG against KSU.

The only unis I ever hated were the bubble wrap. Otherwise all good, as far back as I remember.

Last edited:
We should wear Yellow Jacket costumes as uniforms.

I think having all sorts of different uniform combos is part of our newer hipper identity. Kids have short attention spans and little interest in things being done because that’s the way they’ve always been done. While older alums or those who are inclined to having a connection to things past might not appreciate it, that’s just the way it seems to be. Our brand isn’t a national enough brand to stick to a few uniform combos.

Does anyone remember when Michigan wore Maize & Blue?

The Maize was a faint yellow Color, like the actual color of Corn, now Michigan's Yellow is closer to a goldenrod, like from the Government Forms where you had to use a ballpoint pen and push extra hard because you were making a triplicate.

Very few non Michigan Fans even noticed, I'm guessing the old Michigan Fans were talking "Maize & Blue" the same way our old Guys talk about White & Gold.

Now Michigan looks normal wearing Goldenrod and no one remembers "maize"

Pretty soon People will see GT in Blue and there won't be any reaction because they'll be used to seeing us in Blue, especially after we break out our Navy Blue Helmets sometime in the near future.

We should use the black watch template and just vary the colors if we want variety.

The only color I will complain about is the piss yellow during some of the Gailey years.

Back