Did anybody hear about this?

GTDad

Varsity Lurker
I'm watching the GT vs KU basketball game. Brad Nessler from ESPN said that CPJ came out at halftime of the game and stood at center court and said THWG!

Did I hear correctly, and is there any video anywhere?

It was awesome. I wish I had been filming it on my camera. Said how excited he was to be here, and a few other things. As he was closing, he then said something to the effect of, "It's been a really crazy week. Been talking to a lot of people, and the one thing I have learned is "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA"...The place just about blew up. He got a standing O when he walked on the court and when he left...

i have a copy of it on my phone! ill try to post later.

PJ is the new CJ!!!!!!!

I wanted to yell "what's the good word?" so bad because i didn't know if he was gonna say THWG or not but yeah the place went nuts when he did. The crowd cheered louder at halftime for PJ than they seemed to at any point in the 1st Half.

I'm watching the GT vs KU basketball game. Brad Nessler from ESPN said that CPJ came out at halftime of the game and stood at center court and said THWG!

Yes, he did. I was there. Got a pretty good ovation at the beginning. Came out and gave a brief one minute speech and at the end said THWG!!!

I was working at that game and was in the tunnel underneath the stands when he said that. I heard the big roar - not what prompted it - and a few seconds later saw Nessler standing by the entrance to the floor and said to him, "he must have said the magic words." And Nessler replied, "Oh, he sure did!"

Its true. He came out and said he had learned a lot in his seven days here but the most important was THWG!

I think this is a good time for me to come out from lurking and have my first post!!!!

THWG!!!! Thank God, that is what I was looking for!!

It's about time GT has a coach that recognizes that the 4th Saturday in November is the most important date on GT's athletic calendar. It's not just any game for GT and Paul Johnson, I'm sure after having spent a lot of time in this state, knows that all that matters to GT football is beating UGA.

He's following the script well. I'm sure we'll get more of that the next 10 months.

It's about time GT has a coach that recognizes that the 4th Saturday in November is the most important date on GT's athletic calendar. It's not just any game for GT and Paul Johnson, I'm sure after having spent a lot of time in this state, knows that all that matters to GT football is beating UGA.

He's following the script well. I'm sure we'll get more of that the next 10 months.

Amen, Jake. Amen. Your boy Richt gets it. Now we have PJ who gets it. It's about time to turn this back into a rivalry and not a gimme for you dog fans :biggthumpup:

After reading and studying all the different quotes and sound bites about PJ and what people say about him, people that know him closely, I would say that there is a good chance he could be our Spurrier. He will imho never tolerate getting beat by Georgie....

One thing that is clear, PJ is very similiar to Spurrier, he is a FIERCE competitor and once he is around here awhile, he will develop an intense desire to beat Georgieee like Spurrier developed. He will read and hear all the usual bulldawgie crap (Zealots straight out of their Jounalism asylum over there) From the newspapers, TV, and radio stations around the state about how good Georgieee is and that there is NO team in America better than those Bulldawgs. NOBODY recruits better and NOBODY coaches better, just get on the train with us and worship em.

I just hope he rubs it in like Spurrier, when PJ starts beating em, "Well let's see they out recruit us every year according to those media guys, I guess we just outcoached em" :laugher:

As a fierce competitor as PJ seems to be, I would say it will not take long after hearing and reading all this bulldawgie propaganda around the state that PJ will have an attitude much like Spurrier has. He will refuse to get beat by Georgiee..

Amen, Jake. Amen. Your boy Richt gets it. Now we have PJ who gets it. It's about time to turn this back into a rivalry and not a gimme for you dog fans :biggthumpup:

Well, there are some young GT fans that think Clemson is a bigger rival and I'm not so sure that Chan didn't think that as well. As time goes on and if GT can win an ACC title or 2, there will be a couple of ACC rivalries that will be very important, but that day isn't here yet.

Well, there are some young GT fans that think Clemson is a bigger rival and I'm not so sure that Chan didn't think that as well.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but I'm not so sure Chan thought of anyone as a rival (which is exactly what's wrong with GT/UGA today). As he said, "they are all equally important games/opponents if they are on your schedule.")

Back