Did CG accuse Richt of running up score after game?

G

Guest1066

CG did all the talking when they met at midfield and when Richt turned around he looked like an unhappy camper. Does any know what was said? I hope this comes out.

Doubtful. Was not able to see the game, but you do not run up the score from the first half play. ugag scored, what, 17 in 2nd? Do not care what they said after the game. Will NEVER be any excuse for us to lose like this, especially against ugag. Not willing to wait for 2 - 3 years to rebuild. Recruit now or fire bo'b, clough, cg in that order.

I noticed that too. I don't believe that Richt did anything that was inappropriate.

They could have scored a lot more if they had left their starters in. If Gailey was complaining about running up the score, then he needs to think about whether he should be coaching. This is Division I football and UGA, as bad as I hate to say it, is one win and one Miami loss away from playing for the
National Championship.

Richt owes it to his team to impress the pollsters as much as he can.

That was not running the score up, it was a simple ass kicking. They were running all over us like "we were Wake Forest or something!!"

If we did not want them to score, we should have stopped them. Richt cannot tell his subs to go out there have fun, but don't score and don't play defense. It is not Richt's fault, it is our coaches and players fault UGA scored so many points.

rolleyes.gif

Not a huge fan of the running up the score argument ........ but they went for it on 4th down quite a few times in the second half

they went for it on 4th down because they DIDNT want to run up the score by kickin a FG. they figured we would be smart enough to know they would run it straight up the middle on 4th so we can force a turnover on downs, but of course we get run over.

Shady, that's pretty much what I saw too.

They went on 4th twice in the second half. The first time they could have kicked the field goal, instead they ran right up the middle, got called for a penalty and punted.

The 2nd time they ran right up the middle with about 2 minutes left. Had they been successful they would have just run out the clock.

Like Chan or not I will be happier with him if he gave Richt an earful at midfield.

Saw that too and wondered what that was all about. Looked like Richt did not say a word but just turned and walked away.

If he said anything other than praise for a good performance, he should be reprimanded. MR did nothing wrong whereas CG did everything wrong. Maybe MR should have whispered in CG's ear: we tried to let you get in it, but you refused to do so.

MR really looked either stunned or angry. Gosh, I would love to know.

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
they went for it on 4th down because they DIDNT want to run up the score by kickin a FG. they figured we would be smart enough to know they would run it straight up the middle on 4th so we can force a turnover on downs, but of course we get run over.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't buy that argument since they threw the ball on 4th down. Otherwise I agree that it is beyond embarasing that we could not stop thier 3rd stringers with our first team defense.

Back