Didja notice on the ESPN special....

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
When they were showing the team working out, doing "ups and downs" that Kelly Rhino was the FIRST one up every time?

'course he don't have as far to go as most people!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I did notice on other shots of drills that he was quicker, more enthusiasic than others. THAT's how he has earned his position on the field - he works his tail off! Would you believe that the damn dogs STILL make fun of him being on the team? Betcha he takes one to the house against them!

I noticed the same thing... in fact I was talking to a co-worker about that this morning. He was working very hard... I assume he wasn't just showing off for the camaras
smile.gif

Anyone who works that hard has to find some playing time. UGA folks can make fun of him being on the team, but his results speak to his abilities. I hope he goes into coaching. If he could get guys with more "natural gifts" to work as hard as he does, he could develop some pretty special players.

PatentJacket

If some of Georgia's recent teams had half as much heart as Rhino, they'd have won an MNC by now.

Rhino is a winner....pure and simple. Any dawg fan that has paid any attention whatsoever should be willing to eat their words on Rhino.
Congrats to Coach O'leary, and his uncanny ability to judge talent, for bringing in Rhino; when others, mistakenly, probably would not have.

bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

B'ware -
Are you sure that Rhino would have gotten a scolly if he wasn't a 3rd generation Tech man?

Just like Joe hasn't gotten a shot at the NFL 'cause of his stature, I'm not convinced that without his dad and granddad being standout lettermem, that Kelly would have gotten a shot either.

O'leary WAS (is) a good judge of talent, and Kelly definately deserves his scholarship and I'm proud he's a Jacket, but without the inside pull, I seriously doubt that Kelly would be on the team.

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
B'ware -
Are you sure that Rhino would have gotten a scolly if he wasn't a 3rd generation Tech man?

Just like Joe hasn't gotten a shot at the NFL 'cause of his stature, I'm not convinced that without his dad and granddad being standout lettermem, that Kelly would have gotten a shot either.

O'leary WAS (is) a good judge of talent, and Kelly definately deserves his scholarship and I'm proud he's a Jacket, but without the inside pull, I seriously doubt that Kelly would be on the team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am not saying that the inside pull didn't help Kelly....it probably did and probably should have. But I have heard Coach O'leary talk about Kelly and he had total confidence that Kelly had the ability to play at TECH....which Kelly has proven Coach O'leary to have been TOTALLY correct about.

Sometimes a man's heart and drive make up for his stature.

Charlie Rogers was also a very small guy and he kciked butt on the field! Same for Lil Joe and Rhino.

Being a short guy myself (and having played CB & SS in high school) I love the fact that Tech recruits these type of players and they have become some of the most productive members of their respective teams.

Of course we always love the Dorsey, Gathers, Smith, Cox, Brooking, Wilder, Burns, Suggs type players as well =)

I just think that Tech is a place for all kinds of people. I also think Ivery Jr will be one heck of a player in a year or two.

Back