Discipline

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
One of the things I've been harping on a season is sloppiness and dumb penalties.

Was thrilled to see that we were much better in that area last night. Don't think I remember a single illegal procedure call going against us, or really any penalty at all that made me groan.

And of course, zero turnovers, which is the difference between winning and losing a lot of games.

Overall, very encouraged by how we corrected a lot of the stuff that killed us against 'cuse. We even snapped the ball when they jumped offsides once!

One of the things I've been harping on a season is sloppiness and dumb penalties.

Was thrilled to see that we were much better in that area last night. Don't think I remember a single illegal procedure call going against us, or really any penalty at all that made me groan.

And of course, zero turnovers, which is the difference between winning and losing a lot of games.

Overall, very encouraged by how we corrected a lot of the stuff that killed us against 'cuse. We even snapped the ball when they jumped offsides once!
Yep. I posted after the Cuse game that it was the perfect time for a bye week and that the Louisville game would tell us a lot about our coaching staff. It did, and I liked what I saw. We still have some significant limitations as a team, but it’s obvious our staff did some serious coaching over the last 13 days.

We had one too many in the backfield penalty that was frustrating, but at least it wasn’t a recurring problem.

Watching live, I thought the offside snap was just the regular snap (not because the guy jumped) and we got lucky. But I could be wrong.

JRjr

The offsides penalty by Jordan Domineck after we had them backed up with the 2 holding penalties had me feeling some type of way. Especially when they converted right after.

Had a couple false starts and I think one was a drive killer. But otherwise yeah. Lightyears better. Very composed all around.

Eh. Hard to say discipline is very good on defense when giving up repeated 3rd and 4th and long. Most of those plays were the result of guys out of position which is a discipline issue.

Eh. Hard to say discipline is very good on defense when giving up repeated 3rd and 4th and long. Most of those plays were the result of guys out of position which is a discipline issue.
There were also a few of those plays that had massive holds on the edge that didn't get called. TV never showed them. I'm re-watching some of it now and this remote broadcast crap is brutal. I hope ESPN learns their lesson and never does this again.

There were also a few of those plays that had massive holds on the edge that didn't get called. TV never showed them. I'm re-watching some of it now and this remote broadcast crap is brutal. I hope ESPN learns their lesson and never does this again.
The Christine Amanpour breaking news call in about the Miami and Clemson game was just plain silly.

Had a couple false starts and I think one was a drive killer. But otherwise yeah. Lightyears better. Very composed all around.

The false starts also were mostly on the true freshman lineman, which is kind of where you'd expect that to occur so it sucks but I don't think thats a deeper issue kind of thing.

Watching live in the stadium, there were a couple of obvious holds by their DBs, and on a lot of other plays, our guys seemed to be glued to the blockers (less obvious holding?).

JRjr

The false starts also were mostly on the true freshman lineman, which is kind of where you'd expect that to occur so it sucks but I don't think thats a deeper issue kind of thing.

Agreed, that is expected so I didnt even name him.

Back