Divisiveness and "Good Guy"

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
These are the things that kept coming up for me all weekend as I talked about CCG and the impending dismissal. I am not at all suprised by DRad's decision as this has been a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum for the past month.

My thoughts are that Drad wanted to put his own guy into place as well as unite the fanbase. We've really needed something to rally the fanbase around as we continue to look "at next year".

As was mentioned by 3 people (my brother in law, a random guy i met walking into the game and someone today at my work (all UGA fans)) "he's a good guy but..." And the but is he isn't a consistent winner and that's what's expected hear---greatness. And we shouldn't expect anything less.

My point of realization was at the North Carolina game amongst the Student Sections screaming "FIRE CHAN GAILEY" and then CCG's decision to run 3 straight direct snaps to TC, playing chan ball, and have Travis Bell kick a go ahead FG which he missed. The mindset to be playing for 3 with almost 3 minutes left in the game is what did it for me. This mindset is not an entertaining or exciting way to play ball and it's not the way to win college football games IMO. It was a miracle that we won that game!! anyways....these are my thoughts and i thank you for your time.

A couple months ago i was for keeping chan but now I'm happy for the decision that's been made. We're not just going to be o.k., we're going to be better for this decision. It may cost us 4 mil. in the short term but in the long run we'll re-coop that money.

Back