Dodd award list

donsue

Flats Noob
Some of the names on the 2017 list; Saban, Meyer, Malzahn, and Harbaugh would make the Grey Fox in the snap brim hat turn over in his grave...those four embody exactly what he DIDN'T stand for!

Is there anyone who has ever stood for what Harbaugh stands for? Is there anyone who even knows what, precisely, that is?

Is there anyone who has ever stood for what Harbaugh stands for? Is there anyone who even knows what, precisely, that is?

Pretty sure he stands for this...

ap_jim-harbaugh_ap-photo-640x427.jpg

Lucky for them that they didn't include Hugh Freeze on the list.

We have something against Meyer?

Due to GT grad marrying his daughter, who played Vball at GT?

He beat ugag too often?

Some other issue?

Check out the police blotter related to his UF teams.
Exactly right..he used to say "we recruit the top 1% of the top 1%", and his teams were loaded with bad apples, including Aaron Hernandez. He is well known for his greasiness in recruiting, and telling kids a big pack of lies to sign them.

Exactly right..he used to say "we recruit the top 1% of the top 1%", and his teams were loaded with bad apples, including Aaron Hernandez. He is well known for his greasiness in recruiting, and telling kids a big pack of lies to sign them.
If that disqualifies someone from the Dodd Award then we probably need to quit giving the Dodd Award to college football coaches.

I mean, it's sad and all, but it is what it is.

If that disqualifies someone from the Dodd Award then we probably need to quit giving the Dodd Award to college football coaches.

I mean, it's sad and all, but it is what it is.
I don't necessarily disagree. Because it has become such a "business", there is a lot more of these types of people in coaching. However, this type of thing was going on in Dodd's day too, and it was part of what prompted him to leave the SEC. My original premise was that therr are a few on that list that almost openly cheat and thumb their noses at the rules, including Meyer.

Back