Does another school have higher ticket prices than GT?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
$35 for several home games...this seems too high to me. I know why Braine and Co. does it, but I think it hurts more than it helps. By contrast, BYU sells tickets for $17. That's a bargain, and they are the only game in their town. $20 or $25 a ticket sound about right to me. Or maybe a price structure that charges more for 25 to 25 yard seats, lower deck seats, etc..etc... and discounts endzone seats.
But hey!!!!...I'm starting to sound too much like Arthur Blank. What am I thinking?
grin.gif

BOO

Arthur Blank he ain't.......that's for sure!

Clemson and UT have higher ticket prices. CU charges around $45 for their top home games. I think that's about the standard at UT.

Ghost, I did a little checking on ugags site. Here is some data:
The average price of a game in Athens is $32. It only spoke in terms of season ticket prices, not individual games. $192 for 6 games.

Their road games: Clempsun $45
LSU $36
Tenn. $38
Vandy $30
UF $32 (Jax)
TECH $35
Thats an average of $36 for their away games.

Our average price is $31. This sounds very fair. Especially with the smaller seating at Grant Field. Example: TECH 50,000 @ $31= $1.55m /game
Ugag 85,000 @ $32=$2.72m /game.

What is Clempsun so proud of?

I did some checking:

Wake 7/$150
NC 6/$175
UVA 6/$190
FSU 6/$186
CU 7/$220
UM 6/$180
Miami 7-$290
VT you have to contribute at least $200 to attempt to buy end zone tickets. No idea how much the tickets actually are.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
$35 for several home games...this seems too high to me. I know why Braine and Co. does it, but I think it hurts more than it helps. By contrast, BYU sells tickets for $17. That's a bargain, and they are the only game in their town. $20 or $25 a ticket sound about right to me. Or maybe a price structure that charges more for 25 to 25 yard seats, lower deck seats, etc..etc... and discounts endzone seats.
But hey!!!!...I'm starting to sound too much like Arthur Blank. What am I thinking?
grin.gif

BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG,

You also have not factored in at most other schools a minimum "donation" is required to buy season tickets. I walked in off the street last year to get mine.
Here at Florida, $1200 per seat gets you into the pool and $1500-1800 guarantees you a seat.

It's not 1960 anymore. Tech is extremely far behind in generating revenue from its constiuents. If we ever won 9 game for 5 years, we would catch up real quick.

Do you realize we ought to be charging 45-50 by virtue of being in a major city?

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
grin.gif

BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">so bsg, which clever entrepreneur made a profit by selling you 35$ home game tix? why don't you check some facts before you post so that you can prevent yourself from looking like a complete jackass? were you relayed this tidbit of information by your mole in the AA who told you that the stadium expansion won't take place?

Back