Does anyone remember this??

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
And how can we get this started in the stadium

Perhaps before kickoff and between 1/2nd quarters?

This is the one thing Tech Sports is missing...a unifying yell...(think hoddy toddy @ole miss)

Georgia Tech is gonna wreck,
Georgia, Georgia
Georgia Tech is gonna wreck,
Georgia, Georgia
Hit 'em Tech!
Wreck 'em Tech!
Hit 'em, wreck 'em!
Georgia Tech!

Great idea, Croc!

Let's bring back the rat cheer while we're at it!

Originally posted by gnats67:
Great idea, Croc!

Let's bring back the rat cheer while we're at it!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm way younger than you...what is the rat cheer?

"Rats on the field"???

All of the above is GOOD! I've always wondered why we haven't adopted: We will, we will WRECK YOU! THWG

The rat cheer was where the frosh that sat in the student section would collectively yell "Damned ole Rats!!!" whilst shaking their rat caps, like flags (or pom poms, I guess), back and forth in time. "Damned ole rats! Damned ole rats!" over and over ad nauseum. As I recall they were compelled to perform this cheer at any time but collectively in the stands it was memorable. I was never a RAT myself so I hope I havn't exposed any company secrets.

Or at least I think that's the way it went. I may be amiss on some of the details. Long, long ago.

It may have been the upper classmen yelling at the RATs. In any event it was a damn good cheer!

"DAMNED OLE RATS!! DAMNED OLE RATS!!" (repeat)

The upper classmen would yell "Damn poor rats", repeatdly. The rats would then retort with "Damn good rats", repeatedly. The rats sat in temporary bleachers on the track in front of the upper classmen, who sat in the lower east stands, from the fifty yard line to the north end of the lower east stands. As they yelled at the upper classmen, they waved their hats in the air. Those were such great times!

Back