Does GT have an Asst Recruiting Co-ordinator?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Maryland has one as stated in the O'B bio page presented here by DaveTech. It's reprinted at the bottom of this post so tell me what u think of an Asst RC & if that's what this message states.
Seems to be a real good idea as the RC usually is a position coach as well. With the time it takes to line up visits, entertainment, transportation, lodging, in-home visits, recruiting areas, expense reports, etc, etc, it would appear to be a much needed assistant. Besides, this asst would be vital if the RC jumps to another school before his duties are done (i.e. Lance Thompson leaving in Dec when O'L left & CG was interviewing other coaches).
Who on the Tech staff would make a good RC? Modkins? Spencer? Both would be pretty fair, I believe. Just another one of 'those' thoughts I have.

Maryland has an Asst Recruiting Coordinator

We currently have an "assistant" that handles all the logistics of a recruits visit and all of the interactions from Tech to recruits (letters, planning, etc)

His name is Dave Wilson.

Maybe no relationship but the year Wilson leaves Miss St they have their best recruiting yr in several after a bad season.hmmmmm

Very interesting, AlaGold, as I had not thought of Wilson from this angle. Miss St takes off in recruiting without him, GT struggles to get visits & recruits with him. Makes u wonder doesn't it?
GT did not even reach Wilson's own stated goals of "we'll have 23 verbals by New Year's Day & will take 25 if we find the right ones". Heck, the Yellow Jackets struggled mightily after 14 verbals & took several 'ifs'. He helped land a handful of 'blue chips', which saved this class from utterly finishing last in the ACC. No one, anywhere or anyhow, is ranking this recruiting class better than 5th in the ACC & several are ranking us 7th in the league(I think 6th, better than Clem, WF & Duke).
Thanks for throwing the light on what their 'former' school did.

Of course, Ms ST doesn't know how many of those recruits will get into school yet.

Are you talking about *this* years Miss St. class?

Because Dave Wilson left prior to last year, so this is the 2nd recruiting class that he has been gone.

Unless you were talking about last years Miss St class - not sure which one you were referencing.

Tiar,B-we're talking this yr as Wilson-Gailey only got here in Jan '02. Not holding them totally to the fire for the small class last yr as they were so new to GT. But this yr Wilson had a full yr of Football Operations on the job & is fully accoutable.
By the same token, the coach who replaced Wilson @ Ms St is accoutable by the same measure. So this yrs class was his 1st full yr as RC.

Back