Does Norvell Survive?

What's his buyout? Not sure FSU has the money to fire another coach so soon after canning the last one.

Any links to this alleged meltdown? Everything I'm hearing and seeing is more of a resigned apathy.

Not aside from posts ridiculing FSU. But their program is now the inverse of that 90's run, and seemingly every loss is a new low.

They will now spend 20 consecutive seasons ranked in the bottom 5, and have all of their existing national championship wins retroactively revoked. Their head coach for this span will be named Bowdy Bobben.

What about wake
Well I thought you meant if this was 90's Florida State vs. 90's Wake Forest. The only ACC loss I remember FSU having in the late 90's was that one against Virginia in 1998, though I may be forgetting others. That continued until September 15th, 2001 when they lost to the future national champion Jackets September 22nd, 2001 when their dynasty died 41-9 at the hands of a mediocre North Carolina. At that same time, Wake was on par with Duke in the conference cellar. So if Florida State had somehow lost to that Weak back then, it would have been considered one of the biggest upsets in the history of the sport, an utterly humiliating loss, but definitely wouldn't yield any calls for Bobby's or Andrews' head.

edit: Also probably wouldn't bring anyone to believe their dynasty was over just yet. They were just too loaded with talent, every single year.

They will now spend 20 consecutive seasons ranked in the bottom 5, and have all of their existing national championship wins retroactively revoked. Their head coach for this span will be named Bowdy Bobben.
Hallelujah!

I don't know anything, but I will keep repeating my belief that Florida State is going to be mediocre at best for the foreseeable future. Earlier today my timeline was at least through this decade. They bought their recent run up top by bringing in Jimbo, and he got out while the giggin' was good. Now, the landscape is very different from when people believed they were destined to come back eventually. Miami has been on their way back for how long now? Florida State is in that same position, except I think they're going to lose a lot more games than Miami ever did.

Back