Double Bye?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I don't see it as "help" when the team higher in the standings wins.
Look, when you win a game and teams ahead of you lose that’s what I call getting help. You also have the fact lots of teams had games cancelled and uneven total of conference games played.

Graybeard Jacket

Varsity Lurker
Look, when you win a game and teams ahead of you lose that’s what I call getting help. You also have the fact lots of teams had games cancelled and uneven total of conference games played.
My definition of "help" is when something unexpected goes in your favor, but that is just my opinion. In regards to this season's schedule, a TV guy said couple of weeks ago that we had the second toughest schedule behind Clemson. I'm not sure if that is true or not.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
That hurt us. We’d be #3 if VPI had been able to play teams other than Miami, ND, and Wake.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
That hurt us. We’d be #3 if VPI had been able to play teams other than Miami, ND, and Wake.
And Clemson fans saying the same thing. It works both ways. Never seen saying the word help trigger so many people.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
And Clemson fans saying the same thing. It works both ways. Never seen saying the word help trigger so many people.
I don’t know what other discussions you’ve been having. I was just commenting that your point about teams playing uneven number of games actually hurt us. Not really concerned about Clemson’s situation. If everybody plays a full season we more than likely finish 3rd or better. Near zero chance we finish worse than 4th.

gtphd

He / Him / His
UVA and Louisville were both ahead of us in the standings. So by scheduling the game, we were given help?

BuzzLaw

I hope it rains at my funeral
In the ncaa tourney, if any team besides the number 1 overall seed wins, is it because they got help?

BuzzLaw

I hope it rains at my funeral
In the ncaa tourney, if any team besides the number 1 overall seed wins, is it because they got help?
Wait, if Gonzaga is the number 1 seed, and we beat some other number 1 and 2 seeds and then lose to Gonzaga in the finals, can we make an argument that we helped them by giving them a finals against a lower seed team?

I’m just trying to figure out how we are going to repay all the help we’re getting.