Duke Game

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
What kind of post is this? Are we actually going to talk about the up coming game in depth? hehe It's a lot more fun to talk about coaching staff and players than the up coming game. Don't you think? That way we can be ugly and be counter productive.
wink.gif

Let's please have some more post on player and coach bashing before we do something like talk about the Duke game in the manner you just did. Do you actually think anyone really cares much about the game coming up? My goodness. That's crazy.
wink.gif

OK! I guess I'll try as hard is it may be. Duke has been playing good ball. They've got some really great players on their team. I don't say great just to hype them up. The end, number 96, is big time. He has 10 sacks. He's big, strong, and fast. They'll move him from side to side. Better pick him up. IMO he's better than Jackson for FSU. Can be debated who is the best corner in ACC. THe kid up at Maryland is really good. Sorry, forget his name and number off my head. The guy at Clemson is really good as well. He's had our number for a number of years. Good good player. Hester for us and Cox IMO are good as well. Now this guy #3 for the Dukies could be the best of all of them.

THey do a lot of things well. They pass and run the ball. Everyone that has played them has had to beat them to win. By that I mean this bunch is going to line up and play ball. They haven't beat an ACC team in while, but they are more than able to beat any one on a given Sat.

We better come to play which I feel we will. So much riding on this game.

Go Jackets!!

And BTW GTPilot. Thanks for the post. Much appreciated!!

Dook is possibly the most improved team in the conference. Their record doesn't show it so much but their level of play has improved significantly.

The addition of Ted Roof was a stroke of genius on their part. He has their defense playing very well and will only get better as he starts bringing in quality recruits like he did at TECH (Recardo Wimbush as a good example).
Techs loss was definitely Dooks gain.

Let us hope (and pray) that Chan has our team ready to play.

Agree, we don't tend to put teams away. Duke is the type of team that could take advantage of it, if we don't put them away early. Then, on the other hand, maybe we are not good enough to put them away early.

If we beat Duke and go into the UGA game with a 7-4 record, I will follow the same procedure prior to the FSU game. I will again keep silent on any negative aspects of the Duke and previous games until after the UGA game. Once the UGA game is over, I will give my opinions on both games.

If Tech loses to Duke, all promises are off.

drinking.gif

The biggest thing is that their QB has been up and down this year so we will have to see which QB shows up Saturday.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hmm., doesn't that sound familiar...

Wonder what Ted has planned for his homecoming? Bet he has been working overtime for this one..and not just on Defense.

I like Franks. Duke has played hard in the little bit of TV I've seen, and that's a real accomplishment given the depths they have fallen to since Spurrier. I don't think they'll threaten us, but the UNC game might be their drought-breaker.

Looking at the stats for Duke shows us what we all already know. They are much improved from the last time we played them.

On offense, Duke has been putting up over 400 yd/gm over the past three games and tend to put up better yardage on the road. As the season has gone along they have been passing more but the running game is still formidable. The biggest thing is that their QB has been up and down this year so we will have to see which QB shows up Saturday. I would guess that they will come out passing on us since that has been our weakest link this year.

On defense, Duke have been giving up more yardage as the season has gone along and the give up more than 30 points per game. Their rush defense has been holding teams under 100 yd/gm over the past three games but I think that is more a function of teams choosing to pass instead of run. Their pass defense is very weak and is giving up over 350 yd/gm passing over the past three games.

Overall, I don't think they have the horses to run with us the entire game and I wouldn't get too concerned if the game is close for the first half. I see the following happening:

We will probably attempt to stretch the field again for this game but I hope we throw more of the mid-range and deep slants instead of the sideline throws. They are easier to throw and give our receivers a better chance to make plays after the catch.

We can run against anybody and I don't think that will change this week either. The outside running game should continue to have success and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the guys break a long run to the house.

Nothing gives me the feeling that we will lose this game. Not only that but I think we win big. The keys are to limit the mistakes, score TDs rather than FGs, and control the ball and wear out a team that has inferior talent. Should be a good win giving us some confidence heading into Athens.

I was looking over some numbers and I actually think I may be wrong on not worrying about being close at halftime. We haven't been a very strong team in the second half this season. I really would like to see that change this weekend since we still have not put together a full game on offense yet this season.

We'll need it against UGA so I hope we work out the kinks this weekend because anything less than 4 quarters of solid offense against UGA won't cut it.

Also, the rain coming in will make this game very interesting. I think our running game will become extremely important in this game. I would imagine that their will be at least 3-4 turnovers in this game due to the weather and the key is to make sure those are all Duke turnovers.

Cold, rainy, Senior Day & plenty of beer. It doesn't get any better.

Back