Durham Herald's Descenzo picks the Yellow Jackets!

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Durham Herald\'s Descenzo picks the Yellow Jackets!

For an ACC homer who usually backs ACC teams, Descenzo sure picked a lot of ACC teams to lose more games than they should.
I, on the other hand, pick the ACC to go 6-0! in this yr's Bowl gms. Known as Mr GT Ace to the ACC betting public, I see the ACC jarring the national scene with a clean sweep this Bowl season.

1) NC St really wipes out Kansas in the Tangerine.
2) Virginia, tho not excited about a 2nd straight CTB, will play a back & forth game with Pitt. With the Cavaliers ending their season with big Ws over GT & VT, Virginia certainly has the horses to pull this one out late in 4th qtr
3) Clemson is playing very well & will take Tenn down in the Peach. Clem wins this gm going away & will have big eyes for next season.
4) Maryland & WVa are both playing good football, but Friedgen has a way of ending seasons on a good, good, good note. This will be a very good game, but the Terrapins have more weapons & wins a close 1.
5) Fla St will rip Miami by 21 pts or more. The Seminoles pay back mucho heartache in this game. A laugher.
6) Ga Tech doesn't dazzle, but will steadily pull away to win this game 20-6. FGs will dominate for both teams & it may wind up 23-9 in the Yellow Jackets favor. All ACC fans will be pulling for Tech in this one to make the ACC 6-0 in Bowl season!

Descenzo picks the ACC Bowls

Re: Durham Herald\'s Descenzo picks the Yellow Jackets!

I will say this in favor of the Blue Bowl, I like that it is at the End of the mad bowl season. Its always great to see Tech play, and by playing as the 2nd to last game of the season, it adds some interest to the game nationally...for those of us who don't want to let go of another season quite yet.

STING EM>>>>

For some reason the Humanitarian Bowl kind of has a stigma to it. Probably because of the blue field and the fact that the weather is so cold and snowy.

You get a lot of grief and horse-laughs from opponents for playing in this bowl and, of course, it doesn't help playing a team called Tulsa (regardless of how good or bad they are.) It is really a no-win situation. If you win, you were supposed to; and if you lose you get more ridicule.

Reminds me of how people used to give ugag the horse-laugh if it looked like they would have to go to the Weedeater Bowl in Louisiana. That bowl finally changed sponsors and you don't hear the ridicule about it like you used to.

I read somewhere that Tulsa had sold about 600 tickets to the game. I wonder if we have sold any?

I know one thing Idaho is a Beautiful state...A REAL NICE side trip would be going to West Yellowstone and going Snow Mobiling...Be prepared though to pull out your Wallet..Quit expensive...As a nice side trip West Yellowstone is not really too far away..Ive been there on a New Years Day and Yellowstone is ASWESOME that time of year.....

Back