Early Look at 2023 Schedule

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
We pick up Wake, Syracuse and BC from the other side - Wake will be tough but we should compete with BC and Syracuse. Cuse losing their QB.

At Clemson - Clemson will be much better once they get that underachiever out at QB, but still beatable as Derrick Moore and Shane Beamer showed

Louisville in the opener. - winnable but like most conference games 50/50

Bowling Green - we should win this but I still cringe at the thought of Northern Illinois

At Ole Miss - pray your car doesn't break down in Mississippi. Whoever scheduled this game should have been fired long before Stansbury got his

Georgia at BDS - Georgia will fall down some notches and it is time we won one in BDS

Key will beat Duke at Duke, Virginia at UVa and UNC at home.

At Miami - like this year's game, 50/50. I imagine Cristobal will field a much more consistent team in 23.

Out of the gate, I think Key's team will be tougher, more disciplined and win 6, possibly 7 with some breaks and we go bowling.

So, dive in.

GTJay

Helluva Engineer
We pick up Wake, Syracuse and BC from the other side - Wake will be tough but we should compete with BC and Syracuse. Cuse losing their QB.

At Clemson - Clemson will be much better once they get that underachiever out at QB, but still beatable as Derrick Moore and Shane Beamer showed

Bowling Green - we should win this but I still cringe at the thought of Northern Illinois

At Ole Miss - pray your car doesn't break down in Mississippi. Whoever scheduled this game should have been fired long before Stansbury got his

Georgia at BDS - Georgia will fall down some notches and it is time we won one in BDS

At Miami - like this year's game, 50/50. I imagine Cristobal will field a much more consistent team in 23.

Out of the gate, I think Key's team will be tougher, more disciplined and win 6, possibly 7 with some breaks and we go bowling.

So, dive in.
That’s a pretty good look. I’m also thinking 6 or 7 wins next season.

Jmonty71

Flats Noob

So, dive in.
I am predicting a 6-6 season. Which, to be honest, 6 wins will feel good. However; I really don't want to get my hopes up. Did that, this year. I think UNC will be a toss up.

Jmonty71

Flats Noob
Wake is also losing their QB...from a 7-5 (3-5) team. Way too much respect for WF on here.
Every bit of Wake's success was based in that one QB. Now, do they have another one waiting??? Have to see. But, let's be fair. Without that QB, Wake is 4 win team.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like

So, dive in.
Hopefully JBatt will end the streak of incompetent AD's scheduling OOC games that are a detriment to our success.
There is no reason to schedule additional P5 OOC games until we are winning consistently. There is no reason to ever schedule the Mississippi schools given their votes to exclude us from the SEC.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Every bit of Wake's success was based in that one QB. Now, do they have another one waiting??? Have to see. But, let's be fair. Without that QB, Wake is 4 win team.
They went 7-6 in 2016 and 8-5 in 2017 without that QB.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
This past year? I cannot say the same. 2017 had completely different players. Wake leaned heavily on their QB.
I think that system is pretty QB-friendly and doesn't require an elite QB to make plays. Lots of RPO with easy reads. Hartman is good, but he isn't some generational talent that is irreplaceable. They had similar levels of success before without him.

Jmonty71

Flats Noob
I think that system is pretty QB-friendly and doesn't require an elite QB to make plays. Lots of RPO with easy reads. Hartman is good, but he isn't some generational talent that is irreplaceable. They had similar levels of success before without him.
I think he will be a solid backup in the NFL. But college wise, he is top 25, I would think. Maybe Wake has some great system. I don't follow them enough to know. I know their QB was relied on a lot, from the games I saw.

Jmonty71

Flats Noob
Our fans are so weird. Beg for home and homes against regional SEC foes and good road trips, then complain about them. Wtf?

Ole Miss is a great series it just sucks that we suck at the moment.
I just want to be able to actually compete with these SEC teams. Hopefully we get to that point sooner than later.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat

So, dive in.
We actually do not play Duke next year. We'll play BC instead.