Fresno State at Wisconsin, 8:00 PM ET

Saturday, August 24
Midwest
Florida State at Iowa State, TBA
Texas Tech at Ohio State, TBA
Arizona State at Nebraska, 7:45 PM ET

South
New Mexico at N.C. State, TBA

All of these games will be listed as the first week of the prediction contest. Although we do not have the line yet I thought we could go ahead and start looking at the matchups.

Useful info could be

1. how these teams performed against the spread over the past few years
2. key injuries (FSU took three on saturday)

b/c the line is incorporated in the pick it could be helpful to examine some of the issues

GT J.T.

Varsity Lurker
Just as FYI, until the official contest line is set by gtfan, here's the official line my book is offering...

Thursday, August 22
South
Colorado State at Virginia, (game starts at 7:30 and will be televised on Fox Sports Net South and Comcast Sports Net) - UVa is 2.5 favorites, total set at 48.

Friday, August 23
Midwest
Fresno State at Wisconsin, 8:00 PM ET - Wisc is 7 pt favorites, total set at 53.5

Saturday, August 24
Midwest
Florida State at Iowa State (game starts at 8:30pm) - FSU is 21.5 and total is 54

Texas Tech at Ohio State, (game starts at 2:30pm) - OhioSt is 7, total is 48

Arizona State at Nebraska, 7:45 PM ET - Neb is 21.5 and total is 58

South
New Mexico at N.C. State, (game starts at 4:30pm) - NCSt is 13 and total is 50

Sunday, Aug. 25 for what it's worth...Va Tech is 37.5 pt favorites at home vs. Arkansas State. No total is set. Game starts at 2:00pm.

All times are Eastern. Link... http://canbet.com.au/CIBFRM01.ASP?WCI=BettingFrame&WCE=Load&WSI=081207255923148

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
Bot NC St is really loading up on cream puffs. If they ever go to Las Cruces they might just be awed by the beauty of the Rio Grande valley.

GT J.T.

Varsity Lurker
NC State will lose at Texas Tech. The Red Raiders bring back practically all of their starters and have a Heisman candidate at QB in Kingsbury.

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
Old Foggy still has a point - their (Moo U) OOC schedule is a complete joke

law_bee

Dodd-Like
here is what some of the people have said about the early matchups

I have played it by the numbers with no upsets however I do think 22 pt line is TOO much for FSU's first game

I think FSU wins by 17