EJ Kuale

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
Link (from the Hive Discussion)

I would love to have him come back to Tech - but anyway - wish him the best. What are the steps that would allow him to come back? He is looking at other schools, why not us again?

I hate name dropping - so I won't - along with the fact that I don't know if this guy would want me putting his name on a chatboard.

But - a couple of years ago - a (GT) tailback that each of you know and respect, told me that EJ Kuale was going to be one of the better LB's we had seen at the Flats in a long time. He said EJ just hits a ton and, at the time, couldn't wait to see him at LB.

Hated to see him out before he bloomed.

Good luck to EJ.

He's a hit out in Kansas (Dodge City CC) and the MVP of the league. UF are still demonstrating but nothing definite. I can't beleive one of the local schools, OK, NE, etc wouldn't be on him. He's basically a JUCO All-America.

He is very highly thought of by Insiders & garners 4 stars from them as one of the top LB recruits in the nation.
Insiders lists his teams of interest as Fla, Kan, Kan St, LSU, Okla & SCar. Evidently Kan, Kan St & SCar have offered him a 'ship. Looks like he has no interest in jumping back into the GT fields of study. He is listed on the Insiders 1st page about 1/2 ways down.

Kuale is rated highly by Insiders

Don't take this the wrong way. I wish EJ the best, and I am glad he used his talents for at least a year with a Tech jersey. Maybe he can latch on with the right college program and maybe get into the NFL one day. But he was probably an academic risk to start with. From the info I saw, he only scored 17 on the ACT, which is (I believe) the bare minimum allowed in order to qualify via prop 48. He sounds like a kid who had the work ethic and desire, but lacked the academic background to make it at Tech.

Extremely ignorant on EJ. I just basically knew his numbers, etc.

He was somewhat of an enigma. I believe he scored 980 on the SAT and had above a 3.0 GPA in High School. Rumor was he scored back to back 0.0 at Georgia Tech. Sounds like he did not apply himself

Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
Don't take this the wrong way. I wish EJ the best, and I am glad he used his talents for at least a year with a Tech jersey. Maybe he can latch on with the right college program and maybe get into the NFL one day. But he was probably an academic risk to start with. From the info I saw, he only scored 17 on the ACT, which is (I believe) the bare minimum allowed in order to qualify via prop 48. He sounds like a kid who had the work ethic and desire, but lacked the academic background to make it at Tech.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With all due respect, I totally disagree. In fact, we need more EJ Kuale's in the program,....as it seems he's turned into solid player. In order to compete at the top level in Southern College Football,...we've got to recruit top-level talent. Once on campus, we don't turn our backs on them in terms on monitoring, tutoring, etc. And we don't ever give anyone outside the program one bit of control over these areas. If it's football related,.....it's handled under the direction of the Head Coach, end of discussion.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With all due respect, I totally disagree. In fact, we need more EJ Kuale's in the program,....as it seems he's turned into solid player. In order to compete at the top level in Southern College Football,...we've got to recruit top-level talent. Once on campus, we don't turn our backs on them in terms on monitoring, tutoring, etc. And we don't ever give anyone outside the program one bit of control over these areas. If it's football related,.....it's handled under the direction of the Head Coach, end of discussion.

GATA JACKETS!!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Darn that Oleary fellow!!!!!

Back