Email from Chan...

SMoney

Dodd-Like
Mass email was sent out to those who purchased tickets. Just wanted to share with those who haven't ordered yet/aren't going to (I was not expecting anything, so this was a welcome suprise):

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support of your Yellow Jacket Football Team. Many of you are unable to attend our bowl game in San Francisco, but have stepped up and showed your support by purchasing tickets and donating them to the Military or charities in the area. Rest assured that those receiving the tickets will know that you all donated them and will be reminded frequently to "Wear Gold".

This show of support is what makes the Georgia Tech family special.

For those of you that will be attending, I look forward to seeing you there. We are facing a good team in Utah and our Team will be ready for the challenge. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to go out with a win.

Thank you again for another great year of support and I wish everyone a Happy Holiday and New Year.

Your Yellow Jackets Coach,

Chan Gailey

Re: And Merry CHRISTMAS To You Chan!*

What, Chan, PC??? NEVER!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What, not all GT fans celebrate Christmas?

You do realize that by getting upset over this "christmas v holidays" non-issue you are just as PC as anyone in the NAACP?

Or is it only PC when you don't agree with it?

Happy holidays. Get over it. I for one am confident enough in my faith that I don't have to shove it (or have it shoved) down anyone's throat. Too bad so many christians feel the need for the comfort of political correctness (God forbid you meet someone who doesn't believe everything you do!), especially when so many christian churches have decided to shut down on Christmas.

Right wing = left wing = facism.

Both PC, everyday, all the time. I for one am sick of both sides.

Yeah TechSBP, Who Do Those 24/7....

Christians who express their faith outwardly think they are??? Gosh! Kindof remind me of John The Baptist.

Re: Yeah TechSBP, Who Do Those 24/7....

Oh good grief guys. Its a bunch of crap that anyone is bitching about this either way. If a cashier wants to tell me "merry christmas" great, if not, thats just fine too. I see no reason for a corporation to tell them one way or another, they're people, let them decide whats best in the context. Ah, context, no such thing anymore with the hard and fast rules that everyone seems to want.

Along with this there is no reason for anyone to think that what a cashier/bank teller/etc says is somehow indicative of the corporate endorsement/or lack thereof of ANYTHING. We all need a collective "ass-stick-otomy" if this is seriously on anyones list of concerns.

[ QUOTE ]
"ass-stick-otomy"

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a half off coupon for one of these bad boys in the back of the ajc sports section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif

I basically agree with you, in that if someone wants to wish me a "Happy Holidays", or a "Merry Christmas", I can accept either one. When it becomes unacceptable to me is when folks begin to tell you that you can't or shouldn't say "Merry Christmas", and that by doing so, you are violating someone's rights or offending them.

Of course, we only have to read or listen to the news most any day to know that there are a lot of people in this world who live to be offended. If no one says anything that offends them, they've had a bad day, and will have nothing to complain about.

Agreed 100%

I wish you all merry christmas and happy holidays, or if there is some other holiday you wish to be wished a blankey whatever I wish you that too. Best of all, I think we should replace all of these things with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif Cheers!

Just don't tell me what to do.

Happy Quanza everyone!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

Back