Embarrased? No. Dissapointed? Slightly. Outcoached? Definitely.

Sting4724

Flats Noob
I firmly believe that our guys showed up to play today. They began the game with intensity, but unlucky bounces hurt us today. Granted, good things happen when you are a good team, but UGA got some unbelievable luck today. Fumble recovered in the endzone for a TD. Tipped ball at the line falls right into Pollack's hands. Ball runs into Foschi and fumbles. Ball gets a concussion and misses the second half. PJ missed much of the game, and when he was playing, he wasn't nearly full speed. I'm not making excuses, just stating the obvious. The loss was not because we didn't come to play. We had no gameplan. The defense looked strong in the begining, but seriously guys, after the 791st screen pass, shouldn't Tenuta figured out that he needed to cover the flats? And as soon as Chris Woods gets going good with the running game, Gaily comes out on the next possesion with three straight passes = 3 and out. I was happy to see Suggs throw 2 TDs, but his second interception? Jesus, guys, is he colorblind? If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about. The blocked punt? You can't have a gunner out wide when the defense is sending two guys off the edge. Whoever that gunner was should've realized he needed to move in. That's middle school football stuff. Bottom line is, we were outcoached. I'm dissapointed that CCG didn't have a better gameplan and that Tenuta didn't make the necessary adjusments throughout the game to improve the defense. And now with Pitt losing, it looks like Boise it is. Darn. I give Gaily one more year, and if we don't improve, I will be calling for his firing.

Good try GT players, maybe we'll get 'em next year.

P.S. Extremely dissapointed in Rueben Housten. One of the stupid personal foul penalties was his, but that wasn't all. On Gibson's (I think it was his) catch that got UGA down to the one yard line, Rueben could be seen WALKING after getting beat when he was obviously not out of the play. There is no room for this in any level of football, and I would've benched him on the spot. Not player-bashing, but it was dissapointing.
frown.gif

Unfortunately, our lack of depth prevents CG from jerking players. I hope that is the reason and NOT lack of discipline.

I do hope he is racking up mucho talent on the recruiting trail.

Lack of depth is definitly not the reason RH was not pulled. Kenny Scott? Dennis Davis? Chris Reis? We have enough DBs who can spell Housten without a major talent dropoff. Maybe Gaily isn't tough enough on his players?

Quote by 4724:

I was happy to see Suggs throw 2 TDs, but his second interception? Jesus, guys, is he colorblind? If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about

I was fortunate enough to be invited to see the game from one of the new suites yesterday. On the replay of the interception, it looked to me like AJ thought our receiver (Curry, I think) was going to break to the sideline, not in.
Regardless though, that play was botched from the snap. Early pressure caused AJ to freak out on the play.

4724, I'm glad we don't have mny fans(?) like you. You are going nuts trying to trash Chan. We had an excellant game plan and would have won except for poor execution a few plays, losing Ball, missing PJ most of the game, and Richt having more players. I support the team AND the Coach. I would appreciate it if you and a handfull of others would too. I supported Bobby Ross when a lot of idiots wanted to fire him and we reaped a National Championship. I support Chan and he will make me proud. It really grieves me to see the sadness you heap on a man who is working his butt off to bring glory to Tech.

Good post Sting47 ... I too think that the players gave top effort today and I'll give Gailey props on that. The offensive gameplan however was (and has been for sometime) terrible. We run the same handfull of plays over and over to the point that the opposing D is just sitting there and waiting for us. One poster said that AJ's 2nd INT might have been a receiver mix-up (didn't see it myself), but that 1st INT can be chalked up to playcalling. We must run that forced curl route 15 times every game. UGA was just sitting on that one.

I think the most disappointing thing is that this was an average game by UGA, and after the 1st 5 minutes we didn't even challenge them. Not for one second of the game were they even in remote danger of losing the game. All-in-all a very un-inspiring loss.

Back