Enjoyed Football Celebration last night.

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Great to see the Egyptian Ballroom again after about 20 years! (Dang, I'm getting old). Sold-out crowd. Good food and plenty of cash bars to wet everyones whistles. Wes Durham opened things up with leading everyone in the "birthday" song for Randy Rhino's wife. Coach Dave Wilson (I think) opened up for Coach Gailey, and this guy is really funny with great stage presence. Coach Gailey spoke about the team and answered questions. He's not the greatest public speaker, but seemed relaxed giving his standard responces to typical questions that are always asked.
Everything went as planned, and all the hard work that the local Atlanta clubs put in to this event showed. Look forward to next year's celebration.
BOO

Missed it, unfortunately. Somebody on the Hive referred to a "screecher idiot." What's that all about? Anybody know who it was? Amato wasn't there, was he?
wink.gif

"Screecher idiot" - how long before someone makes that their handle?
smile.gif
I'm curious also - please explain if you were there last night. Thx

bash.gif

Some guy in the back of the room kept letting out a pretty annoying "whelp" for lack of better words otherwise knows from this point on as the 'SCREECHER IDIOT". I believe he may have had one too many, but during most of the speakers, he would let out a VERY LOUD WHELP. Well, let's hope he can be this vocal at every home game this season at BDS@HGF....
BEAT VANDERBILT!

It was some guy sitting to the left of the crowd. He would give out a rebel yell after every comment by Durham, King, Gailey, etc...As I said before, the drinks were easy to get to, and this fella had more than his share. He wasn't any big problem, just having fun at a fun event.
BOO

Back