Eric Williams

Driver8

Varsity Lurker
Insiders reporting that EW might still be keeping his options open. Let's hope not,......this is the type of kid we're desperate for......in-state recruit(South Georgia to boot) that is also sought after by FL, ugag, AU and FSU. This is the type of recruiting we need,....lets hope we can hold on.

GATA JACKETS

Originally posted by Driver8:
Insiders reporting that EW might still be keeping his options open. Let's hope not,......this is the type of kid we're desperate for......in-state recruit(South Georgia to boot) that is also sought after by FL, ugag, AU and FSU. This is the type of recruiting we need,....lets hope we can hold on.

GATA JACKETS
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gotta Link?

this is not uncommon for an early commit, but we just need to keep moving forward.

When you look at how the true freshman are performing this year I think that CG has a grasp of our needs.

we are seeing something REAL special with our current players.

It seems they have the ability to play OVER their heads and function as a TEAM.

I believe this is BECAUSE CG is looking for a certain TYPE of player.

The TRUE Freshmen Mansfield Wrotto and Joe Anoai are classic examples of this. For GT to have 2 true freshmen on DEFENSIVE LINE come in and play this well against top 10 teams is incredible.

HAS THAT EVER HAPPENNED AT GT? DLINE freshmen? and understand that this without hargrove and malone drawing the pressure

With recruits like this CG is showing that he can get players who will get the job done.

Reggie
Wrotto
Anoai
Kenny Scott

THESE ARE ALL TRUE FRESHMAN that are getting significant playing time and helping us win games.

When CG gets a chance to get HIS players in here I think you will see GT make the jump to the next level.

With the success we are having on the field and staring at a quality bowl in our future I think recruiting is going to be great.

Personally, not worried about losing Mssr. Williams at this time.

CG seems to have a very different approach to recruiting visits than GO'L. O'leary was very big on taking zero visits other than to GT after a 'verbal'. Some of GO'L's best lines "We don't take reservations. We are not a hotel. It's a comittment, not a reservation' and 'Did your mom and dad date other people after they were engaged?'. CG let several 'verbals'and silents last year take trips other than to GT. We almost lost Nick Moore, but I don't think we lost anyone in the end.

Right now, neither UF nor UGA have offered - the only other schools he has mentioned.

If we win 7 games this year or more, I feel confident in the staffs ability to keep Mr. Williams comittment solid.

BTW, seems like Dec 12 will be the big recruiting weekend this year. Lets go get ém, CCG and company!

All in one idiot's opinion, of course!

also remember how F$U and UF put the full court press on Scott and Grant and we still closed the deal.

The fact that CG is giving true freshman quality minutes it the best recruiting tool available.

Originally posted by law_bee:

The TRUE Freshmen Mansfield Wrotto and Joe Anoai are classic examples of this. For GT to have 2 true freshmen on DEFENSIVE LINE come in and play this well against top 10 teams is incredible.

HAS THAT EVER HAPPENNED AT GT? DLINE freshmen? and understand that this without hargrove and malone drawing the pressure

With recruits like this CG is showing that he can get players who will get the job done.

Reggie
Wrotto
Anoai
Kenny Scott

THESE ARE ALL TRUE FRESHMAN that are getting significant playing time and helping us win games.

When CG gets a chance to get HIS players in here I think you will see GT make the jump to the next level.

With the success we are having on the field and staring at a quality bowl in our future I think recruiting is going to be great.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THANK YOU!!

By all accounts Williams simply wants to take
some visits and enjoy the experience. I would
do the same thing in his position.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
By all accounts Williams simply wants to take
some visits and enjoy the experience. I would
do the same thing in his position.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">5 visits
If I was giving advice, the other 4 vacations would be.

Hawaii
Southern Cal
Miami
Colorado

JJ,

If I was a highly recruited athlete, I would determine my visit list from the following choices:

Hawaii
UNLV
Tulane
Pepperdine
Miami

(So Cal is in Compton for all practical purposes)

Great minds think alike

Hey, I have a question. It's my understanding that the schools cannot fly a student in for a recruiting visit. The students have to get there on their own. Once they're on campus, everything is paid for by the school...off the campus (unless they're out to dinner with team reps), they're on their own...expense wise.

Anyone know if that's true or not?

no I think they can fly them in for the "official visits" which students only get a limited amount but the students can also have unofficial visits which is where they pay their own way.

here is the link that explains (I also posted it in its own thread)

http://www.ncaa.org/eligibility/cbsa/div1recruiting.html

Official Visits

In all sports other than Division I men’s basketball, you can have one expense-paid (official) visit to a particular campus beginning on the opening day of classes of your senior year. In Division I men’s basketball, you may have official visits beginning on January 1 of your junior year in high school.You may receive no more than five such visits. This restriction applies even if you are being recruited in more than one sport. You can’t have an official visit unless you have given the college your high-school (or college) academic transcript and a score from a PSAT, an SAT, a PACT Plus or an ACT taken on a national test date under national testing conditions. Your academic transcript may be a photocopy of your official high-school (or college) transcript. [Note: In this instance, the Division I school may use the services of the Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse to validate your credentials.]

During your official visit (which may not exceed 48 hours), you may receive round-trip transportation between your home (or high school) and the campus, and you (and your parents) may receive meals, lodging and complimentary admissions to campus athletics events. A coach may only accompany you on your official visit when the transportation occurs by automobile and all transportation occurs within the 48-hour period. Meals provided to you (and/or your parents) on an official visit may be provided either on or off the institution's campus.

The complimentary admissions you receive may provide you seating only in the facility's general seating area. You may not be given special seating (e.g., press box, bench area). In addition, a student host may help you (and your family) become acquainted with campus life. The host may spend $30 per day to cover all costs of entertaining you (and your parents, legal guardians or spouse); however, the money can't be used to purchase souvenirs such as T-shirts or other college mementos. Additionally, during a campus visit, the school may provide you with a student-athlete handbook.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Hey Law,

Your post also answered a question someone posted a few weeks ago about why we don't put recruits in the gold seats at BDS. Your last paragraph is very specific and something I didn't realize they (NCAA) took into account.

Originally posted by law_bee:

Reggie
Wrotto
Anoai
Kenny Scott

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here's hoping that "certain-type" player you make reference to in terms of our future recruiting lists contains some of the higher-rated players. We can't live with only diamond-in-the rough types as our only option. Got to get our share of the top-level.

GATA JACKETS!!!

you mean like reggie WHO IS STILL WAITING FOR THAT PHONE CALL FROM AWWWBBBAAARRRRNNN?
laugh.gif
blue.gif
laugh.gif

Back