Espn bracket challenge StinGTalk group

The Jacket

The Coat
I started working on my bracket Sunday, and finally finished the first round yesterday. After that, picking the rest of the games was easier, except for the championship game which I decided to sleep on.

edit: I genuinely fully expect that it will be in shambles by Sunday.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Nice. My pick of north texas over purdue is gonna work out. Take that, Bobinski

The Jacket

The Coat
yeet
@ramblinwreck08
@smokey_wasp
Congrats dudes.

I spent the week between Selection Sunday and the First Four obsessively combing through stats and matchups, to create a bracket which immediately began exhibiting less influence from Joe Lunardi than John Carpenter. The bottom half of it can't be viewed by anyone under the age of 17 unless accompanied by an adult. Yet the gut feeling about Baylor beating Gonzaga worked out while civilization collapsed around it.

I'm the bastard son of a broken clock and I don't know anything about sports.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
yeet
@ramblinwreck08
@smokey_wasp
Congrats dudes.

I spent the week between Selection Sunday and the First Four obsessively combing through stats and matchups, to create a bracket which immediately began exhibiting less influence from Joe Lunardi than John Carpenter. The bottom half of it can't be viewed by anyone under the age of 17 unless accompanied by an adult. Yet the gut feeling about Baylor beating Gonzaga worked out while civilization collapsed around it.

I'm the bastard son of a broken clock and I don't know anything about sports.
I did mine with no research whatsoever. Lol. My sweet 16 was pretty much a massacre but yeah, I had a gut feeling about Baylor, too.

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
Baylor peaked at the right time. Really hit their stride in the sweet 16. Coming out of Covid they did not look so great.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Baylor played like nobody was talking about them and heaping praise on Gonzaga for the entire tournament...which is exactly what happened.

Really kicked their ass.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Thanks, guys. Just got lucky that Baylor won it all. Sure was fun watching them play that well last night - as a couple of you have said, they hit their stride at the right time and played with a chip on their shoulder.

Gonzaga showed just how hard it is to have a perfect season, no matter how good you are.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
My daughter-in-law is a Baylor grad. And our 5 day old grandson was representing for them last night in his own green and gold. He will also have Old Gold and White outfits, it's up to Collins and Pastner to make sure he gets to wear them for meaningful games.