ESPN Power Rankings

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
The SEC East is down again this year. Will be interesting to see if Pruitt can channel some of the Nick Saban defense + west coast offense that worked at Alabama. There's not really much in the way of Georgia going back to the SECCG.

BuckeyeJacket

Clear Whiskey Drinker
I thought everyone on ST always bashed ESPN's rankings and algorithms???

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I am kind of wondering how ND has a 10% chance of winning out against the #19 toughest SoS where as UGa has a 9.7% chance of winning out against the #43 toughest SoS yet be ranked behind Uga. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
For reference:

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/129505/ohio-state-is-no-1-in-preseason-fpi-1-0

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Minus a few WILD misses, they did pretty well last year. Those misses, though, were things like putting Tennessee and Texas in the top 25, or sleeping on UCF and FAU. I recall we all had a particularly hearty LOL at the Texas thing, before the year started. This year, they put Texas even higher, for some reason, and Texas A&M sitting next to them is also looking pretty funny.

Then again, they correctly realize we'll be in the top 25, so clearly they've gotten a lot better at this whole thing!

jacket67

Dodd-Like
App State with the second easiest schedule in the country. I hope CNW is ready for prime time.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
For reference:

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/129505/ohio-state-is-no-1-in-preseason-fpi-1-0

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Minus a few WILD misses, they did pretty well last year. Those misses, though, were things like putting Tennessee and Texas in the top 25, or sleeping on UCF and FAU. I recall we all had a particularly hearty LOL at the Texas thing, before the year started. This year, they put Texas even higher, for some reason, and Texas A&M sitting next to them is also looking pretty funny.

Then again, they correctly realize we'll be in the top 25, so clearly they've gotten a lot better at this whole thing!
I'm convinced we would have beaten UCF if they didn't puss out. I don't think they were that good.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I'm convinced we would have beaten UCF if they didn't puss out. I don't think they were that good.
I think there is a very good chance we would have beaten them if we played the game on its originally scheduled date. If we had to play them at the end of the season, when they were on a roll and TaQuon's confidence was shot in terms of passing, not so much.

gespacho_the_slender

Chief Video Editor and Toolshed
One thing to remember with georgia this year is they lose 30+ of their starters. Even though the East is bad, I’m guessing they’ll have 3, maybe 4 losses.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
One thing to remember with georgia this year is they lose 30+ of their starters. Even though the East is bad, I’m guessing they’ll have 3, maybe 4 losses.
Don't know what Florida has coming back, but the Gators should be better coached this year. Georgia shouldn't sleep on South Carolina, either. I think they have the best chance to pulling the SEC East rug out from under Georgia.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I am kind of wondering how ND has a 10% chance of winning out against the #19 toughest SoS where as UGa has a 9.7% chance of winning out against the #43 toughest SoS yet be ranked behind Uga. That just doesn't make any sense at all.
Because winning out is not the only metric?

It just means they have a better chance of winning out. But they may also have a higher chance of losing out, or losing more games than Georgia does (more than explained purely by strength of schedule).

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
They beat Navy by 10 points. The same Navy that steamrolled UVa, who we lost to, by 42 points. They also beat Auburn.

I didn't follow UCF in the beginning, so I don't know if they were playing worse at the start of the season, but their latter season team would have been favored significantly versus any version of Tech from last season.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
They beat Navy by 10 points. The same Navy that steamrolled UVa, who we lost to, by 42 points. They also beat Auburn.

I didn't follow UCF in the beginning, so I don't know if they were playing worse at the start of the season, but their latter season team would have been favored significantly versus any version of Tech from last season.
I thought they were the MNC last year? What football were you guys watching :drink2:

Also öööö those guys

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
I think there is a very good chance we would have beaten them if we played the game on its originally scheduled date. If we had to play them at the end of the season, when they were on a roll and TaQuon's confidence was shot in terms of passing, not so much.
We would've beaten them 100%

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member

We did not lose to UVA by 42 points. That is all.