Europe and recruiting.....

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I wonder how a QB is developed in Germany? Do they have club football or something?
Countries in Europe have club associations. You can see highlights from an Italian U19 game here:

It's typical high school quality play (maybe not 6A but at least qualifies as 1A)

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Anyone remember Moritz Boeringer?

German wr/te who was a physical freak. 6th round Viking pick. Never made it cuz club play was about the same as HS play here, or below and there was too much to learn.

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
Eric Zeier (UGA) played football in Germany and moved to Marietta while his father was in the military. I'd have to say he's been better than most of our QB's in the last 20 years.
I played against him in high school in Germany. He went to Heidelberg High, I went to Nurnberg High. These were US Military DoDDS high schools. Only American kids playing. Some pretty amazing athletes over there in the 80s and 90s - before the draw down. Even Shaq played at Fulda High School when his dad was stationed there.

German club leagues started sprouting up in the late 70s and are going strong today. I played for the Regensburg Royals in the early 90s. Teams can only have 3 Americans on the field at once. Know several D1 and D2 players that go over there for semi-pro stints after college. There are some solid athletes amongst them. Most teams have Americans at starting QB, RB and WR positions.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
Countries in Europe have club associations. You can see highlights from an Italian U19 game here:

It's typical high school quality play (maybe not 6A but at least qualifies as 1A)
it looks like they’re playing 8 man. Pretty cool that football is being played in Milan.