Everyone answer to the poll. would like to hear everyones thoughts for this year

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
All has to proved on the field, of course, but there are some statistics to indicate he might be the real thing.

Not even Bobby Dodd had the coaching credentials Gailey has coming into the head coaching position. The closest anyone has come to his credentials at Tech is Bobby Ross.

It is true all of this is on paper, however, it is on paper because he has actually built his credentials in the trenches of coaching.

If you are a business man hiring a CEO for your company, his paper work far exceeds that of any of the other coaches at Tech since Heisman and Alexander.

The old saying, "even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while" may be appropriate for BeeWare if Gailey does not succeed. BeeWare claims Gailey has been in the Pros so long, he can't adjust to the college game.

That is the one item we will have to wait and see. It is possible BeeWare is right, not probable, but possible.

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
All will be proven on the field and in time. My only worry is his recruiting.

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Originally posted by ahsoisee:
All has to proved on the field, of course, but there are some statistics to indicate he might be the real thing.

Not even Bobby Dodd had the coaching credentials Gailey has coming into the head coaching position. The closest anyone has come to his credentials at Tech is Bobby Ross.

It is true all of this is on paper, however, it is on paper because he has actually built his credentials in the trenches of coaching.

If you are a business man hiring a CEO for your company, his paper work far exceeds that of any of the other coaches at Tech since Heisman and Alexander.

The old saying, "even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while" may be appropriate for BeeWare if Gailey does not succeed. BeeWare claims Gailey has been in the Pros so long, he can't adjust to the college game.

That is the one item we will have to wait and see. It is possible BeeWare is right, not probable, but possible.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahso,
There you go again...I think you could say just about anything with a straight face.
To compare 'Buck' with Bobby Dodd is ridiculously premature and totally gold smoke up our 'arses'.
Secondly, I didn't say that 'Buck' couldn't adapt to the college game...I said that he is a pitifully mediocre and self-serving choice by Dave Braine-less.
'Buck' could not possibly fail this year and likely not the next...but time will tell if he can handle the college game...especially with O'Brien and Tenuta likely to leave after this year and plenty of the wonderful talent that Coach O'leary left us with will be graduating this year and next.
We do agree that it is all going to be decided on the field...none of this Braine-dead gold smoke that y'all steadily blow up our 'arses' is going to make or break 'Buck'.
The biggest concern, as you well know, is whether Direct Deposit of our paychecks is going to bring our country down before 'Buck' has a chance to prove himself one way or the other!?!?!?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
BeeWare, we already know we differ on the assessment of the coaches abilities. For one, I think Nix will get the OC job when O'Brien leaves, and it will be an upgrade for Tech.

Secondly, I think Spencer will get the DC job when Tenuta leaves, and there will be little drop off in performance in the defense. Spencer's defenses at West Georgia College were super.

Applejacket

Varsity Lurker
Only time will tell to answer that question! Great coaches are usually surrounded by great assistants and great players. Good coaches by good assistants and good players, and so on, although this isn't always the case. However, Chan should fall in the good to great category this season IMHO. Injuries also will play a big part in the final outcome. Just my two cents.

Techster1

Varsity Lurker
Spencer will not be the front runner for the DC job, if it comes open in the next couple of years.

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
For what it's worth GT had a large part in direct deposit and the current cash cards. During the late '60's Dr. Paul Han of the IM School conducted a research project for the FED Reserve Banks that played a large part in the appearance of these two fiscal phenomenae; I had the pleasure of being a student research assistant on part of the project.