Everyone Hype

18in32

Petard Hoister
I feel there has been more GT football social media in the last 45 days than in the Institute's prior 130-something years.
I think more of it is being posted here than previously. Certainly we didn't use to go bonkers over every HS athlete who Tweeted that he'd gotten an offer from us.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Things are looking good. So encouraging when Tech people rally together. If Tech people ever get totally united, great things will happen. To Hell With Georgia!

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I think more of it is being posted here than previously. Certainly we didn't use to go bonkers over every HS athlete who Tweeted that he'd gotten an offer from us.
I think both things are true. We are definitely paying more attention. I am fairly obsessed at present. But GT's social media engagement is legitimately way up, too.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I just met someone NOT Hype and BTL.
At my daughters swim lesson I’m wearing a Tech hoody. He asked me i went to tech said yes. Asks “when did you get out”. Told him when I graduated. Made some small talk about what we do now. I asked him how he feels about CGC and his response: “I don’t understand the point of team spirit. I was always annoyed when athletes were in my MGMT classes because they bring the academic prestige down” and “it waters down the worth of degrees”. I told him i disagreed and think superior athletics complements out academics and elevates the GT brand on a broader scale. He said he’d be more into tech sports if, “the teams were more representative of our student body”. I literally laughed out loud and told him how absurd that is which he also agreed with. Anyways. What a ööööing weirdo. I think he represents the majority of our weird ass alumni and we are definitely the minority.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
What is the pointing finger movement
Good question.

Pull it and see.

Seriously, it is all about deflecting attention away from yourself and pointing it to the person you want to get it. Often, the recruit you are trying to land or the player you are coaching.

We've forgotten in the past decade how it is to have a coach accept all blame and deflect all credit, protect the kids and reward them for their efforts, who makes those around him better than they are. It is a powerful tool.

You listen to CGC, you never hear him say what he has accomplished. Instead of saying he attracted a great group of coaches, he says how he is fortunate they said yes. Same with recruiting. Instead of saying he coached a helluva game, he talks about how the kids won it.

This is how you persuade people and build loyalty.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Good question.

Pull it and see.

Seriously, it is all about deflecting attention away from yourself and pointing it to the person you want to get it. Often, the recruit you are trying to land or the player you are coaching.

We've forgotten in the past decade how it is to have a coach accept all blame and deflect all credit, protect the kids and reward them for their efforts, who makes those around him better than they are. It is a powerful tool.

You listen to CGC, you never hear him say what he has accomplished. Instead of saying he attracted a great group of coaches, he says how he is fortunate they said yes. Same with recruiting. Instead of saying he coached a helluva game, he talks about how the kids won it.

This is how you persuade people and build loyalty.
This doesn’t need to be another crap on Paul thread.

oldgold68

Bitter old man
I just met someone NOT Hype and BTL.
At my daughters swim lesson I’m wearing a Tech hoody. He asked me i went to tech said yes. Asks “when did you get out”. Told him when I graduated. Made some small talk about what we do now. I asked him how he feels about CGC and his response: “I don’t understand the point of team spirit. I was always annoyed when athletes were in my MGMT classes because they bring the academic prestige down” and “it waters down the worth of degrees”. I told him i disagreed and think superior athletics complements out academics and elevates the GT brand on a broader scale. He said he’d be more into tech sports if, “the teams were more representative of our student body”. I literally laughed out loud and told him how absurd that is which he also agreed with. Anyways. What a ööööing weirdo. I think he represents the majority of our weird ass alumni and we are definitely the minority.
If our team "was more representative of the student body", we would have to move from the ACC to the UN.