Expansion and Recruiting

GTFish

Varsity Lurker
Yes I agree the expansion has taken place in the sloppiest of ways and has made the ACC a media laughing stock from our point of view. But now, think how many recruits visits all these websites and read all these newspaper articles about who messed up. I guarantee very few. More than 90% of our own football team doesnt keep up with this crap. All they know is that the ACC is expanding and we will be the dominate conference in the new age football. The great thing about this expansion is that it is now the #1 recruiting tool we can have. For years we couldnt recuit over the SEC, lets face it. Now we are telling kids their faces will be on TV every saturday and championships will be won year in year out. Thats what they want to hear, not some political stuff about voting. Recruiting will improve ten fold which leads to better teams, which leads to the very thing everyone on this board really wants.

Yeah,that's one way to look at at it.Recruiting had better improve "tenfold?" because now we have 2 more real powerhouses on our schedule.
Of the two changes coming,one is a "hope for" and the other is an absolute.
Seems I remember something about a light at the end of the tunnel -but it seems to be moving......

I was just making the statement. I feel the expansion helping recruiting is absolute. When our coaches told the last batch of campers how much we would be on TV their faces lit up as well as with the parents. Ill go ahead and tell you most parents (except with other school loyalty) want their kids to go to Tech after they visit. Ive heard many of them talk about it. When the kids show a good amount of interest (John Recruit, "hey im gonna be on TV for everyone to see every single week") 99% of the parents will strongly encourage it based on Tech academics and reputation alone.

Back