"Expect Us To Be Great"

GTechstar09

Varsity Lurker
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2007/08/21/bennettqanda_0826.html

Taylor Bennet's answer to a question during at Q&A session with the AJC.

I dont know what his standards are but for me, to be great you have to win championships. We were the Coastal Division Champions last year but I cant quite say that we were "great."

That leaves the ACC Championship and/or a BCS Bowl win. Is he just showing bravado or is he truly confident that Georgia Tech will be great in 2007?

Jesus H. Christ - that was a quote from before the flipping season. If he'd said anything else, y'all would be quoting the anti-site's moderator by calling him a homo. What do you expect him to say?

Well, that was a quote from before the season, but it was the same type of quote we heard throughout the season. After we lost to BC, didn't Bennett say "We can't wait to get another shot at them in Jacksonville"? And then James Johnson talking about the booing hurting him this season...the players have not exactly handled themselves well in the media, although I suppose it's better than Reggie at the end of last season.

How can we expect these kids to do well...

Well, that was a quote from before the season, but it was the same type of quote we heard throughout the season. After we lost to BC, didn't Bennett say "We can't wait to get another shot at them in Jacksonville"? And then James Johnson talking about the booing hurting him this season...the players have not exactly handled themselves well in the media, although I suppose it's better than Reggie at the end of last season.

in the media? Remember..."we won't lose another game"? How about..."it's just a game dawg"? Where exactly are they learning their media skills from...coach Gailey? I feel sorry for these kids really...they are left on their own. A case of the blind leading the blind.

Geeteelee, I brought this back because its an example of the character of this team. Its not to flame Taylor. Although if he is going to expect to be great, he doesn't need to get his panties in a wad when people boo him for being a lot less than good.

Back