Fall Camp Thread

Doesn't matter, CPJ answers the question he feels that the reporter should have asked.

Looking forward to seeing what we put together this year. You can hear the excitement in the players tone.

PS GTAA - Why isn’t the GT in the backdrop gold? I thought Tech was going for radical consistency / simplicity?

Adonacis Sanders broke his clavicle and Dolphus has minor injury, so James Graham has moved to WR for the year.

Adonacis Sanders broke his clavicle and Dolphus has minor injury, so James Graham has moved to WR for the year.

Was just about to make a whole thread for this. Lol. I hate to burn the shirt, but thats a 4 star athlete on the field this year, so I am kinda pumped, too.

Was just about to make a whole thread for this. Lol. I hate to burn the shirt, but thats a 4 star athlete on the field this year, so I am kinda pumped, too.
I'm all for it if he can help. Jalen Camp has like 1 career reception, and Brad Stewart had an awful year last year. We return ZERO at WR. We can't win 8+ without good production and contribution at WR. I think Graham has a good chance at returning punts too, but that is just my speculation based on being a special athlete with skills carrying the ball. We will see.

This is when we tap into our depth at WR.

Oh, öööö.

Well, the new redshirt rules could help here. Play him in our most important tossup games and find a way to get the ball in his hands.

Last edited:
Dolphus injury doesn’t sound serious since CPJ said he’d still be available Week 1.

This year’s team absolutely has to have a big time playmaker at WR. Maybe James Graham can be that guy.

Well, the new redshirt rules could help here. Play him in our most important tossup games and find a way to get the ball in his hands.
I think the new redshirt rules cut the other way – meaning, they'll give redshirts a chance to play mop-up action or against lesser opponents. Because when the game's on the line, you don't want to be relying on a guy who's not good enough to start and hasn't had much playing time. As they say, hope is not a strategy.

I think the new redshirt rules cut the other way – meaning, they'll give redshirts a chance to play mop-up action or against lesser opponents. Because when the game's on the line, you don't want to be relying on a guy who's not good enough to start and hasn't had much playing time. As they say, hope is not a strategy.

They new redshirt rule is intriguing. You can have guys try out essentially. Have Graham return punts and play WR against Alcorn State. If he looks good, give him a start a few games later against better competition, say Bowling Green. If he still looks good, plan on playing him consecutively against a couple of better teams later like Miami and UVA to give an upper classman some R&R prior to uga. Then he still redshirts. In the long run, once the coaches figure out how to use the new rules, I think it will help teams like us more than the factories. We probably go into the late season in better physical condition by having these guy supplement starters. Might take some pointers from MLB where the roster expands in September to give the new guys a chance to play and get ready for the next year.

Back