Fan Base Can Grow With Our Help!

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
As a long time season ticket holder (28 years), I have always made an effort to get new friends or neighbors interested in going to a game. Give them their first taste of a Tech game or a college game in general. Have done that successfully in the past and working on it this year.

Have met some new friends over the last year who are Falcon season ticket holders. Did not go to Tech or Georgia but will be joining us for a couple of games this year ... we're hoping to convert them to season ticket holders.

Have a person at work who moved here last year as a newlywed, she and her husband are joining us for the Vandy game, another season ticket prospect! Networking is the name of the game. If we all do a little of this, season tix will be sold out and the additional seating will be sold out as well!! Tech alumni are all over the country and the world, it's clear that this happens with lots of schools, everyone has to work on getting others interested locally.

We know that those 80,000 that go to Ugag games didn't graduate from there or anywhere for that matter. Have been told by a big contributer to that school that probably more then half their season ticket sales are non-alumni!

We have a great tradition and location for the college game, if every season ticket holder could get one more that's all it would take! I know I'll do my part!

I love football but the college game is so much more interesting and energizing, it just takes a little taste and you are hooked!!

Great points, and I too, have converted some non-alum friends into season ticket holders. The best form of advertising is word of mouth. If nothing else, my SWMBOIT and I have friends join us for the game and turn it into an event. I know of many others on the board that do the same.

My problem is not that the fan base is any specific size, demographics, etc. it is just that I really feel that the GTAA is not in tune w/the avg. GT fan. Seeing "It's Stingtime," billboards is not going to attract a non-alum in a major city to come to the games. Building goodwill w/cheap and/or discounted tickets for games like Vandy, Duke and Wake is fine by me. Just fill up the stands. I am also very excited about the '03 home schedule that includes Auburn, Clemson and Ugag. We will easily sell out season tickets next year. The problem for me is the seemingly lack of vision for what to do for non-marquee games. The '04 schedule is brutally awful; it is definitely going to take a much better focused effort from the GTAA if we plan on filling up an addt'l 10k+ in seating for non-marquee type games.

There is a disconnect--we are paying a coach close to a million a year, spending millions and millions on (much needed) stadium upgrades, etc. and yet the GTAA seems to be run by clowns. Are they saving the big mkting. push for next year?
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by GT98:
Are they saving the big mkting. push for next year?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

What big marketing push?

bash.gif

I love you DEARRRRRRRRRRRLYYY Techgirl and agree that we as Tech fans just need to bring that one extra person....with luck for next season (with GTAA ticket office and the re-seating), I WILL purchase an extra ticket to bring one extra "fan" to every game. Think about that everyone...it will not cost that much, it fills yet another seat and you will have a friend to show Tech off to and maybe they will get "stung"!

Yes, GTAA MUST get those new seats next year in the hands of Tech people and their friends. Discounted North Endzone seating to current season ticket holders is a must.
If not, everyone can welcome 18,000 Auburn fans to the dedication ceremony of the expanded BDS in 2003.
BOO

Back