Fan Photo Day

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
Hadn't been to one in a few years and really enjoyed getting back and meeting the players and coaches again. Took my 15 year old daughter and she was so impressed with the cordiality and friedliness of all the players. We not only got autographs and pictures, but I took it upon myself to tell a lot of them about how I follow recruiting and appreciate that they chose Tech over other schools on their lists.

A lot of them felt good that I had remembered where they came from and their high school playing days. Quite a few of them mentioned to my daughter that they very much appreciated that we as fans took the time to know them and appreciate them individually and as a team!

A few that standout that I had ongoing coversations with, Nate Curry, T. Anyansi, Tony Hargrove, Leon Robinson, Jonathan Cox, Travis Parker, G.Bowers Wilkerson, Sidney Ford, Brian Johnson (remembered us from a practive we attended a few weeks ago) and a few more. All the players were very excited about the upcoming season and the new coaches. All had very positive outlooks and can't wait for the first game!!! A really great group of young men.

Also had the opportunity to talk with Terron Pullen's mom (very proud that he chose Tech and very nice lady). Also spoke with Cory Collins, Greg Gathers and Nat Dorsey's dad, all very supportive parents that go to every game home and away!! As a parent, I really enjoyed meeting them as well.

Outside of the oppressive heat, we came away with such a positive feeling and proud to be a Yellow Jacket Fans!!! Every season is one we look forward to, this just happens to be my 28th year and it only gets more exciting!!

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
You've touched on a lot of things that really tell what this is all about. What a great group of young men along with their families.

I'm going to really miss the Collin's, Moorehouse's, and Gather's a great deal along with other parents. They are always around supporting their kids and the team. Super people. They love it so much that all are planning on staying involved with GT after their kids graduate. They want to come down and attend games. These families live in Conn., New Jersey, and Lousiana. You'll find them at nearly every single game.

Here comes the next group. Every year there are others. Mrs Pullen, whom you mentioned, is going to go to every game to see her son play. Like you did I found her to be an extremely nice person to talk with.

Couldn't help but notice at Fan Day how well the players get along with each other. Sure they get into it during the heat of battle in practice, but when it gets in locker room that's all left on the field. This team enjoys being around each other.

BTW, did anyone get to meet Randy Wimbush, Rico's older brother? What a super guy he is. Randy and his family from talking him obviously had a great deal to do with Rico coming to GT. His mother wanted him up here with the rest of her family living in Atlanta. What a nice guys. He's been coming to every practice he can with Rico's two nephews. Looking forward to seeing him game days. Wow does he love his brother and GT. Look for Rico to have a big year playing weakside LB. That's more or his natural position. He won't be lined up with TEs and will be free to use his natural ability to go after the ball carrier. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't lead the team in tackles.

Thanks for the post MsTech. I've been busy all morning and this was the first post I've read. Great way to start off my GT board day!