Fans please do not throw items on the field

I find it funny as long as the items aren't being thrown at people. It's just fans venting their frustration at bad officiating.

I know it looks bad, and I know its NO solution to the issue that was at hand....

But sometimes.....things can be overlooked. People react when they are provoked. Bring refs with functional eyes and the field stays clean.

I did not have a problem with the water bottles being thrown on the field away from the play. It was deserved in some respects by the piss poor officiating in the middle of the 3rd. However, at one point someone threw a water bottle at Ryan during a play in the south endzone. That should never happen, the players were playing the game and had no control over the officials.

However, at one point someone threw a water bottle at Ryan during a play in the south endzone.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. That's nuts.

beej67,
would definitely never, ever throw anything at a player on the field, and would only throw one thing at players on the sideline: a fish at ND, and that just for the sake of tradition.

That was all from the drunk greek section.

I'll never forget the last time we played FSU at home and one of their defensive players (a lineback I think) intercepted a Reggie Int and ran it back into that endzone and was talking some serious smack to the fans so one of my buddies chunked a full bourbon and coke at the guy and hit him square in the numbers, he had bourbon and coke all over him, it was a hell of a throw.

I find it funny as long as the items aren't being thrown at people. It's just fans venting their frustration at bad officiating.

It's not really funny at all. It shows a complete lack of class. The time it gets out of hand and costs us a 15-yard penalty is gonna suck.

MaconGTFan,

Tech never played F$U at home with Reggie as qb. The last time we played them at home, Suggs was QB and threw the interception to lose the game. I can see your confusion, though. It was a similar choke to Reggie's interception to lose the game the last time we played ga at home.

MaconGTFan,

Tech never played F$U at home with Reggie as qb. The last time we played them at home, Suggs was QB and threw the interception to lose the game. I can see your confusion, though. It was a similar choke to Reggie's interception to lose the game the last time we played ga at home.

ahh...thanks for reminding me...I had mentally blocked out those years...it was entertaining none the less.

I find it funny as long as the items aren't being thrown at people.
The best throw was the student that threw the ball back at the ref after the PAT on the third TD. I wasn't aware that Taylor's little brother had matriculated though. The thing was a solid 4 feet wide.

Not funny was the liter sized Jagermeister bottle that came out of the West Stands around the 15 yard line.

Now, which one of you was it that said in another post that our fans were way too classy to be pulling stunts like these?

I agree, it doesn't bother me as long as people aren't throwing stuff at people. When the refs are as bad as they were in the 3rd quarter, I think most fanbases would do the same thing.

Hate to tell you, but it wasnt the "greek section" that was throwing stuff at the players, not that I'm going to defend the fraternity folks, but thats in the south endzone and just as many non greeks and greeks are down there, so it could have been anyone.

Throwing stuff on the field is a totally classless act and should be monitored and prosecuted accordingly.

No excuse and no excuse for Tech not doing more about it.

No one here would be finding it funny and okay if it was UGA doing this...they would be getting reamed verbally. We should hold ourselves to higher standards than we hold them to.

Throwing stuff on the field is a totally classless act and should be monitored and prosecuted accordingly.

No excuse and no excuse for Tech not doing more about it.

You probably would have hated the early '80's. I think the only reason people came to the games then was to throw stuff. I'll never forget Al Cirado day, it was literally like being armed at the gate.:laugher:

Good grief, whomever wrote that article needs a drink. Yeah, GT got a little raucous over some bad calls; but I think if that writer had his/her way we'd all be wearing lace collars to the game and would cheer "Bravo!" whenever someone scored. We'd probably all giggle as we replaced the divets in our bare feet during halftime. It's hard to believe that same city gave us the famous tea party.

I did not have a problem with the water bottles being thrown on the field away from the play. It was deserved in some respects by the piss poor officiating in the middle of the 3rd. However, at one point someone threw a water bottle at Ryan during a play in the south endzone. That should never happen, the players were playing the game and had no control over the officials.

I was standing about 4 feet from the guy that threw this..and I do not believe it was intended to hit Ryan. Although it did get him pretty square in the helmet if I remember correctly.

Back