"Fauxback" Helmet

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I made a custom GT helmet and drew inspiration from old GT uniforms, mainly the old school "Block T" we started using in 1893.
What paint did you use for the gold?

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Once again, amazing work. I would love an alternate T helmet just like this. Probably would be worn with a white jersey and REAL old gold pants, right? I saw a pic of the 1893 team and it looks like they were probably wearing something along those lines.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Blue not nearly dark enough on stripes. I'd probably leave it off in favor of single white stripe. Definitely dig the white face mask.

Otherwise pretty good alternate look :bigthumbup:

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
You mean Wal-Mart carries a more correct shade of gold on the shelf than every major brand that has tried to make a GT shirt in the last 25 years... This country really is falling apart.
To be fair I did do post color correction. It doesnt look quite as good IRL as far as the gold shade, but it's close

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I made a custom GT helmet and drew inspiration from old GT uniforms, mainly the old school "Block T" we started using in 1893.
Bravo! I always thought the block T should be Tech's logo. It was, when I was growing up. The GT makes it look like we're Georgia's little brother, and that we are just one of many Techs. It used to be that Texas Tech meant Texas Tech, Virginia Tech meant Virginia Tech and so on... but, when someone just said Tech, it meant Georgia Tech.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Bravo! I always thought the block T should be Tech's logo. It was, when I was growing up. The GT makes it look like we're Georgia's little brother, and that we are just one of many Techs. It used to be that Texas Tech meant Texas Tech, Virginia Tech meant Virginia Tech and so on... but, when someone just said Tech, it meant Georgia Tech.
The GT is one of the most iconic logos in college. Everyone knows it’s us. The T could be Tennessee.

That said, I am in favor of more use of the retro T. I also support any campaign to dominate the use of TECH and make it where others have to specify.