Favorite play

Juanyeh pushing the returner to the ground and grabbing the ball. :lol2:

That was a very smart play. Rather than give that guy an equal opportunity to chase down a bouncing ball, Juanyeh took the guy out of the play first. We had numbers and if it wasn’t Juanyeh, someone else for us was going to get it.

Juanyeh is somehow in on basically every special teams play. Reminds me of another J. Thomas from several years ago. I can't wait until we can get him on the field on defense.

Could he have run with the muffed punt? Don't think so but just wondering.

That. And the 3rd down pass in the 4th. Clutch. Wasn’t a floater for once.
Loved that pass. You're exactly right. Zipped it right to his man. Great play. My nerves are never truly calm in a one score game until the clock says 00:00, but that helped an awful lot. That was the play that made me feel like we had the mojo to close it out.

Loved that pass. You're exactly right. Zipped it right to his man. Great play. My nerves are never truly calm in a one score game until the clock says 00:00, but that helped an awful lot. That was the play that made me feel like we had the mojo to close it out.
He couldn’t have held it a millisecond longer either. As soon as the ball left his hand, he was hit.

I've become a big fan of the Cottrell reverse play. It is a great wrinkle to punish teams for overpursing, and the threat of it will help us better execute quite a few of the other plays in our playbook.

Juanyeh has been awesome.

Can't let it go without saying: "My God, a freshman!"

In the post game interview when ask about his good play, CPJ said something along the lines of "yeah, and you just wait until we get him on the field more on defense", which as we all know is not something he throws around lightly.

Had a random thought about if that could have been called a block in the back?
I don't think so. It was after the muffed punt, so everything is fair game at that point. Kind of like a tipped pass, no PI after that. Free for all.

This was also my favorite play of the game. Was awesome watching live. I just saw it on replay and that was an amazing play. Also, on the replay, you can hear the band start up "Mo Bamba" afterwards. I'm digging it and I think it's a good fit to play after turnovers/big plays. The team really seems to respond well to it.

I've become a big fan of the Cottrell reverse play. It is a great wrinkle to punish teams for overpursing, and the threat of it will help us better execute quite a few of the other plays in our playbook.
This is my favorite too. Against Miami I could sense when we were about to run it and it was glorious every time.

Back