FB recruiting

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
We currently have 3 SO who play OL, 1 starter and 2 reserves; no RS FR and 3 true FR. We have 1 OL verbal, who supposedly is a project. Per the Insiders and Rivals info, we have only offered 2 other OL and neither has us in their top 3.
I hear we have 2 "silent" verbals unless that is just pure wishful thinking. Does anyone know for a fact if either is an OL, from in-state, what position, et al.
To me this is a critical year for recruiting OL and I have seen nothing to make me feel good about it. Does anyone have some positive news in this area?

Originally posted by GTnut:
We currently have 3 SO who play OL, 1 starter and 2 reserves; no RS FR and 3 true FR. We have 1 OL verbal, who supposedly is a project. Per the Insiders and Rivals info, we have only offered 2 other OL and neither has us in their top 3.
I hear we have 2 "silent" verbals unless that is just pure wishful thinking. Does anyone know for a fact if either is an OL, from in-state, what position, et al.
To me this is a critical year for recruiting OL and I have seen nothing to make me feel good about it. Does anyone have some positive news in this area?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorrow right now there is little to no information about our OL targets just have to wait and see.

A very good question.This is a MAJOR concern.I noticed last yr after recruiting season we were very short on numbers not to even mention talent at OL.I asked then" are we trying for the 6 man touch fball title".Without some hosses we are going to be stuck at #110 in O.

Master B/midgajacket (i think) i hear what your saying. the answer to your question is no i havenot.

What is the current status of our recruiting as a whole...verbals? commitments?....other?

What is the status of teams like UGA & Clemson at this point as well?

GT = 10 commitments 7** and 3*** average = 2.3

Clem = 10 commitments 9** and 1*** average = 2.1

UGA = 8 commitments 1*****, 3**** and 4*** average 3.6

Still pretty early and the # of * isn't the only measuring stick on who's doing well in recruiting.

Originally posted by sfalco:
GT = 10 commitments 7** and 3*** average = 2.3

Clem = 10 commitments 9** and 1*** average = 2.1

UGA = 8 commitments 1*****, 3**** and 4*** average 3.6

Still pretty early and the # of * isn't the only measuring stick on who's doing well in recruiting.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i hope we fill the full amount of ships we can. That also means we are getting the right players. Coach will not fill the amount allotted unless it's with the right players.

Does it seem to anyone else that the services just don't list as many OLs this year as they have in the past? Perhaps that's due to low numbers, or due to bad research on their part, but it really seems like there aren't as many listed as have been in years past.

Back