Fight Songs

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Never have been the ultimate authority in music but I do know a great song when I hear it.
Has anyone ever heard a better school song than our "Up With The White & Gold" "Ramblin Wreck"?
Other than GT, whose song even comes close to ours? Certainly not Tennessee since they just took a C & W song and used it.
Just interested to know if anyone else has a school song they like better than ours.
I'm so old fashioned that I still get a lump in my throat and a chill in my neck when hearing the "National Anthem" before a game and then "Up With the White & Gold" puts me in gear for FOOTBALL.

Up with the White and Gold is my favorite..Then comes Ramblin Wreck...

I love College Football and enjoy most fight songs. After our 2 which are TOPS...
I like Southern Cal's, Auburn, UF (I especially love the UF one and Love it after each score against Ugag...) I still miss Steve Spurrier and how he Beat Ugag and Rubbed it in their face...Im hoping if Zook fails there that Steve grows tired of the NFL and goes back to UF where he belongs..

I also like Ohio State's, Michigan, Boomer Sooner I just love College football and hearing all the songs on Saturday...There is one exception of course..the one right down the road over at Athens.....

There's no college fight song over in Athens, BW they just play a yankee battle song and put 9 words to the music. 9 words... and 2 of them are "Georgia Tech".

I don't care really, but I thought AU and ugag had the same song, which of course they both stole from the yankee army.

Lest we not forget the two schools that I love to see get beaten the most, Notre Dame and Sou Cal. I have to admit that they do have a nice song, but not even close to "Up With the White & Gold".

Several years ago - when Tech played Notre Dame in South Bend - we went up there on the Alumni Association trip.

We stayed in Chicago, and Tech had reserved a train from Chicago to South Bend. Great way to travel to a game - Breakfast, Bloody Marys, lots of Tech Fans, Tech Band, Cheerleaders, more Bloody Marys - on the train.

Somehow, several ND fans were also in our car. When the band came through, the leader noticed them and commented on the great Tech and ND traditions over the years, and that today on the field, we would hear the two best college fight songs, and the band would play them for the fans in the car.

After the Domers got through applauding, the band played "Ramblin' Wreck" and "Up With the White and Gold".

The Domers were speachless.

We lost the game (possibly due to a questionable call or two) but the whole trip was one of our more memorable ones. (We got revenge in the next year's Gator Bowl.)

UGAG's sounds like "I've been working on the railroad" to me......

Certainly one school's fight song can compare to "Up with the White and Gold": Cal's, since that's who we stole it from.

However, they return the favor by playing their own stolen version of the Ramblin' Wreck song.

Back