Fire Carol Moore

There must be some SLOW learning going on then. You can't just up and flunk out in one semester. These players had to have been in trouble BEFORE this past semester started, so it really is disappointing that they did not receive the attention/motivation/assistance/whatever was required to correct the situation BEFORE thousands of supporters, parents, and teamates were let down. THWG

CALL MOORE AND ASK HER!!!!! She gave NO COMMENT to the ajc!!! She is academic affairs and NO friend to athletics!!!

Don't point fingers unless you know the actual situation!

While I share everyone's frustration over the latest news about our FB team's academic eligibility, I don't agree with the finger pointing towards Dr. Moore or the rest of the 3rd floor at the Edge Building. I was on Athletic Scholarship (not an athlete) from '96-'01 and attended tutoring sessions atleast once a week on the third floor. While she is tough at times, I can speak from experience of what a nice and caring woman Dr. Moore is. Her door was always open to me or anyone else. She even helped me with my application for Graduate School. She and the rest of the staff on the 3rd floor unbelievable job. Many of them don't leave the office until midnight because they are always there if an SA needs extra tutoring or help with an assignment. Let's get one thing straigt they are NOT the problem!

The problem is a head coach who refuses to discipline his players when numerous individuals in the AA told him what was going on and what he needed to do to prevent it.

If Gailey really wants this job, he needs to realize there are some things he cannot change.

But some he can. He's got very little time left and a very few chits he can call in, but I think now is the time to go play hardball with Braine about this Moore broad.

Basically, I'd walk into Braine's office and say,"academics? fine. O'Leary took a setback losing Joe but I just lost my whole freakin defense and most of my tailbacks. If you want me to run this show, then fire her, let me bring in my own people and hold me accountable."

As I understand it she is a solid line reportee to Braine, right? I'm no Gailey supporter but whoever has the job deserves the right to work without interference from revengeful old hags like this.

Pretty offensive words for a lady you have obviously never met before. It is killing me that people believe Ms. Moore got these kids kicked out. There are tons of academic advisors in the AA that should have been aware of these problems. SA's turn in weekly reports. Dont tell me these kids were doing well in school and just messed up on the finals.

Agree only to a point Fish. True they need to go to class and put out, but this is situation where more than one party is to blame.

These "policies" Clough and Braine instituted smacks of some revengeful, anti-sports nerds with a calculator in hand just itching at a chance to wield a little beauracratic power.

Truth is probably somewhere in-between. That being the case some run-offs need to occur on both ends of the street.

Very true Father Wasp. im sure there are plenty of nerds inbetween who are out to prove something. its still just hard for me to understand how a collapse like this could have happened on a seemingly easily fixable problem. How did bad grades slip through so many people's attention.

True, we've seemed to validate from many sources this coach doesn't have a reputation for discipline. But I'm not ready to let Mama Moore off the hook for her part in this episode quite so easily. Seems she could be a little more effective in some of those late night tutoring sessions with football players.

Sorry, that "Tech is what it is and that's the way it is" quote put a burr up alot of people's you know what.

Except for some of you nuclear scientists - no offense intended - we've all been there. I can just hear her and bearded, pipe-smoking friends now : "MR. HOLLINGS, the fact that you are an athlete matters not one iota at this institution, you are under my domain now...."

Well, you get the picture.

True, Gailey is probably nowhere around but alot of us would like to get this problem fixed so the next guy can get us turned around.

GTnineteen...excellent post....Lets not worry about grad school for the football team. My assertion is that she is "above" the average football player, and relates poorly to young african american males. I have heard her say, "He has no business being at TECH". Now do you think she is going to go out of her way with a mindset like that???I would love to be on her trivial pursuit team for history, but she is completely out of her league when it comes to guiding a young male through TECH. Take a survey of current and former FB players, and you will get a similar story. She loved to take credit when someone became eligible, but now that they are ineligible, it is all their fault. You can't have it both ways...SORRY

Part of the problem in getting to the bottom of the problem is the gag orders instituted around everyone from top to bottom at Georgia Tech. I will give Gailey this, the guy for some reason sure is efficient when it comes to putting a lid on something. He's been here over a year and no assistant coach is allowed to say anything, players can't talk, and now it seems the academics who usually love a camera in their face don't want to make a statement either.

Question: I know New. He's a good man. Any idea why he's willing to get mixed up in all this? Who is gonna reign in Moore?

Back