Fire Chan Immediately!

CheWreck

Deadhead
There is not a defense on the face of the earth that can support the lack of offense that Chan's teams run.

This team has completely and totally lost anything that was built up by the Auburn win. At this point, it was OBVIOUSLY a fluke of the highest degree.

I posted here last week that Vandy would give Tech a tough game, and that has certainly happened. But it's not so much that Vandy is playing that well, it's just that Tech's team royally SUCKS.

Reggie pulls this one out of the fire and we win. Great. But it should not have been this hard or this close. Chan's still gotta go. He seems like a very nice man but he's stealing our money.....

I'm not even going to respond
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Am I the only one that saw execution as the reason and not necessarily the play calling? From my sideline view, Reggie has not been on target much since the second half of FSU. He looked fine in the last two minutes tonight, but blaming an entire offense on the coordinator when it is clear that your QB is not hitting wide open receivers and when he does receivers aren't holding on is not being true to the situation. It is hard to "open it up" when it may cost you the game. I must be missing something.

Please remember that MOST OF US DID NOT SEE THE GAME!!! I remember that we could not make a lst down to save our lives and could not stop Vandy from making lst downs. That went on most of the night.

Luckily, Reggie and Company were determined at the end NOT to leave Nashville on a losing note!!

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Please remember that MOST OF US DID NOT SEE THE GAME!!! I remember that we could not make a lst down to save our lives and could not stop Vandy from making lst downs. That went on most of the night.

Luckily, Reggie and Company were determined at the end NOT to leave Nashville on a losing note!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">hehe, well then wait till you see game tape before calling for heads? won't that be uhhh .. the smart thing to do?

we're Tech fans .. if we can't be smart ..

Any season must bee judged on a whole, not just from the awebern game or just from the clemson game. My expectations are for us to play harder, better, and smarter. I, more importantly, expect our prez & ad not to embarass us further by scheduling games vs. Samford.

I feel betrayed. When Gailey was hired there was alot of concern expressed by many in the Tech community about the future and more explicitly the offense. We were assured by both Gailey and Braine that we need not worry, O'Brien would be kept and the offense would continue to be innovative and exciting. My how that story dissolved. Gailey runs off O'brien and installs his offense and now we get to hear week after week excuses on why we aren't productive. I'm glad we won tonight - sure beats losing but I can't feel comfortable about the direction of the program under Gailey / Braine.

All I'm looking for is improvement from week to week. Looks to me like we are somewhat stagnant, except, of course, for the miraculous last min. win tonight.

24 hours, hell! I want to start focusing on NCST now!

What a wild finish!
pat.gif

Looks like you just have to accept the fact that it is a win, like it or not since they all can't be pretty.
Oh and BTW, on your way back to Athens, say hi to Vince.

Chan will not be fired, and you ain't seen nothing yet.

Vanderbilt was the last best chance to do anything this year, with the possible exception of UNC.

Can't wait to see how he gets em ready to play UGA.

Maybe a few good things came out of that:
1) Damarious Bilbo proved he can be a big-time receiver for us.
2) Quoted 3 times in articles in the AJC today (Sunday after the game...http://www.ajc.com/sports for the articles), Gailey says that the last 2 minutes convinced him that he's been being too conservative with Ball and that he should maybe go to that spread offense as a staple now. If we actually do start to spread the field and allow this kid to run some too, then it softens up the defenses. Here's hoping CG doesn't have a change of heart.

Back