Fire Patenuade

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
This is the only logical thing I can think to do immediately. Prob won’t happen.
Would be a tough decision to defend after a game when your #1 QB goes down with an injury, regardless of how he was playing prior to.

GT98

Dodd-Like
This is the only logical thing I can think to do immediately. Prob won’t happen.
And replace him with who on the staff? Key was an OC who went o-fer, no thanks.

T-Dope needs to get the big $ guys that were tired of the option to pony up for some quality coordinators. Much cheaper than Juicy Juice’s $14 million buyout.

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
His wife and Geoff's wife are best friends. It isn't happening.
LMAO! Coaches wives friendships override inept coaching. Makes sense when you think that the crowd booing determines your play call. Maybe we can have an audience input like the TV talent shows. Design an app for it. "It's cutting edge dude"

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I wonder if Sewak would take the OC job if we offered.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Don’t think the OC is the problem. Offensive gameplan was actually sound, and the fact that the backup qb was able to come in down 14-0 on our own 3 and execute a gameplan and lead a comeback was a positive sign.

More concerned with defense and in game coaching decisions that impact our ability to win games

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Meh…it was still 400+ yards of 0

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Give Choice a shot. Maybe he and Key can get on the same page. Run the ball 2-1 ratio right now.

And stop with the dumb TE sets. We go 4 deep at RB and 0 deep at TE. Makes those TE earn playing time. We are way beyond ‘showing recruits what the offense is going to look like’.
We need TEs in because our OL can’t block.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I was a little disappointed in the transfer WR last night - it was pretty clear the game plan was focused on getting him the ball which we did a few times - not much seemed to come of it, tho.

There were some interesting posts in the couple weeks leading up to the game that I blew off as overly critical and/or negative that I now think may have been on point. Except the one post from the doofus who wrote off Yates.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Unless there is a miraculous turnaround this season that might be the only thing they can do. Basically have to bring in someone that can be a draw for QBs and take over time management and late game strategy. Collins needs to focus on recruiting and defense.

My worry about Pat is not a general issue but specifically QB development and play calling in tight situations. Sims looked no better than he did last year and how do you not find a couple of easy passes to help his nerves.

The offensive series with about 4 minutes left lost us the game and the play calling was atrocious. If Collins was responsible for that then like I said, he needs to stop. If Pat was the guy that made those decisions then he is the problem.

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
Unless there is a miraculous turnaround this season that might be the only thing they can do. Basically have to bring in someone that can be a draw for QBs and take over time management and late game strategy. Collins needs to focus on recruiting and defense.

My worry about Pat is not a general issue but specifically QB development and play calling in tight situations. Sims looked no better than he did last year and how do you not find a couple of easy passes to help his nerves.

The offensive series with about 4 minutes left lost us the game and the play calling was atrocious. If Collins was responsible for that then like I said, he needs to stop. If Pat was the guy that made those decisions then he is the problem.
Pnopes play calls for Yates are what he should have been calling for Sims. Looked like he was trying to ultilize Sims throw power a few times but when the kid can’t get his throws in the receivers general area when they’re wide ass open, throw power doesn’t matter.

My buddy and I were also infuriated by the lack of plays attacking the outside when we were in the red zone. NIU was gifting us yards if we ran outside in red zone situations. Thankfully dummy realized it was there on Dontae’s touchdown run, not that it mattered.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man

this is the most reasoned response I have seen and I totally agree.

Bbz_13

Varsity Lurker
Don’t think the OC is the problem. Offensive gameplan was actually sound, and the fact that the backup qb was able to come in down 14-0 on our own 3 and execute a gameplan and lead a comeback was a positive sign.

More concerned with defense and in game coaching decisions that impact our ability to win games
Agree. To me this looked like a team that felt like it could throw its helmets on the field and win. That comes from the top. Does anyone believe that if O'Leary lost a game like this he'd have started his press conference remarks talking about how he told the players he loved them? No. He would have blistered the paint on the locker room walls and put the fear of God in the guys.

I don't know that firing someone right now is the answer, but if it is then fire Collins, make Key the interim, and then decide what to do for the long haul in January. Firing the coordinators won't fix the game management/focus issues.