First practice for Jacket Football 2002 report.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Be easy on me gang
wink.gif
. This is my fist real attempt at a practice report.

Have to say that first practice was a blast. As always, enjoyed fun Jacket football talk with fans as we looked on with excitement.

Some observations on freshmen practice August 3rd:

1) Saw a lot of HARD WORKING men on the practice field. Even in the HEAT the guys really hustled. Didn’t see a lot of standing around. These guys were working tails off.

2) Hate to single out anyone honestly in first practice, especially when it was difficult at times to see other end of field where LB, DB, S, K, and R were. Zeb is BIG and athletic while looking in great shape. He and Kelly (walk on?) never walked. They hustled from drill to drill! Is Zeb really 18 years old? He’s a “head turner” in first practice.

3) Brazina, Mathews, and Pullen all looked to have good size while being quick and fast. Brazina is the bulky guy of the bunch, but don’t let that fool you. The big guy can move.

4) Hard not to notice Cooper at tight end running down the field deep to catch a well-thrown ball over his shoulder. SWEET! He is tall while looking fast. Got a frame to put a lot of weight on.

5) Watched Ace and Sampson a good bit. Looked like two super athletes with size. Ace reminded me some of Big Ed Wilder because of his frame.

6)

7) Couldn’t see a lot of R working out, but #85 and #81 where making nice catches. That’s McGuire and Bridges.

8) One of the better plays I saw was on a deep thrown ball out of the reaches of Bridges. He stretched out on the turf giving it his all. That ball didn’t have a chance to be caught, but Bridges acted like he thought differently as he pounded the ground getting up. The ball wasn’t caught, but have to LOVE THE ATTITUDE! Amazing he even got a fingertip on it. Like others out there today, HE CAME TO PLAY BALL!

9) Sorry couldn’t really see DB’s, Safeties, and others, but did notice I Perfection, # 11, is also a track man. He’s super fluid athlete.

10) Loved the attitude and effort this first practice.

11) Something tells me some guys are going to sleep well tonight!

Great post GTTerrific!!
Any pictures??? What is the latest
on BDS@HGF??

Atl,

Yes, have more pictures. Took the usual tour of the stadium today with another good GT fan. It's really coming along!! Wait till you see how field has changed in one week!

I'll try to get them up tonight, but no promise. Have about 30 pix to edit and post. Wanted to get the practice report up first.

If can't tonight will tomorrow.
grin.gif

IP Harris is #11 eh? Well, he'll have plenty of fans in the stands this fall. That is, people wearing their George Gutsy #11 Tech jerseys. Just think of the number of opposition or casual college football fans who see all these Techies roaming around with their #11 and #14 jerseys on and then thinking to themselves..."wow, all this for a couple of freshmen? They must be AWESOME!"
grin.gif

Thanks for the report, Terrif.

Didn't realize the eccentric NO #6 Monty Python rule applied here as well. ;-)

Noticed in the TV report that CG ran the cameramen off fairly early.

I don't know about the #6 Hive rule here either honestly. Was easiest to make a report on Word then copy and post here and Hive. That's really only reason for 6. If I had the 6 in there, someone would have certainly said something about it on Hive.

Great Report!!!

Can't wait to see some of these ATHLETES out there on game days.

Back