Fitz on lower attendance

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Agree with the concert videos on phones. Dumbass, you aren't Cecil B DeMille

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
That and cost to attend games, as opposed to sitting in your climate controlled atmosphere with beer right in the fridge.

I love going to Tech games, don't get me wrong, but its harder for me with my schedule and a little one to go now.

When I do watch games on TV it's with my family and friends who enjoy football. I get to enjoy hours of football before and after a Tech game, along with usually some good tailgate food. This is all without having to drive 2 hours away and have to worry about driving back or spending money on a place to stay. I don't come close to 80k btw so it's not about being cheap.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
At some point, the video will be so realistic that we won't need to go to the games.

The next step after that is where we (those watching at home) will be digitally represented in the stadium as though we were there.

Not sure what the next step after that is.

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
At some point, the video will be so realistic that we won't need to go to the games.

The next step after that is where we (those watching at home) will be digitally represented in the stadium as though we were there.

Not sure what the next step after that is.
Yeah, if you've ever been to the CFHOF, I'm sure that sort of experience will come relatively soon.

Edit: their VR room that is.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Yeah, if you've ever been to the CFHOF, I'm sure that sort of experience will come relatively soon.

Oh, I've been to my share. I have felt the hate course through my veins like a black, toxic venom for which there is but one antidote - Victory.

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I've been to my share. I have felt the hate course through my veins like a black, toxic venom for which their is but one antidote - Victory.
I think your mistaking my abbreviation with COFH, lol, I feel the same about that game though.

The college football hall of fame has a VR room where you can sit in the stands and watch from the stands certain portions of games.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member

Oh. Now I see. I was triggered by the similarity with COFH and assumed you made a typo. As you were.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
The problem is that the experience is becoming better on the TV. You’ve got commentary, replays, cheaper drinks/food, comfortable seats, controlled climate, no waits/lines, no travel. He’ll you can just see the game better.

Tailgates and atmosphere are tough to replicate. And tickets support the program. But it’s not tough to understand why people aren’t going to games as often.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Then the brains that be, somehow, will make it more expensive to watch games on “tv” than actually going to the games.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
The problem is that the experience is becoming better on the TV.
Maybe if you’re not good at watching football in person. You get the full field view, you can see what’s going on on the sidelines, you get the crowd energy, occasionally you get to hear “A Thousand Miles”...

Add the phone for stats, other scores, and info that’s not obvious in the stands and it’s hard to top being in the crowd for a good game.

JRjr

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
Maybe if you’re not good at watching football in person. You get the full field view, you can see what’s going on on the sidelines, you get the crowd energy, occasionally you get to hear “A Thousand Miles”...

Add the phone for stats, other scores, and info that’s not obvious in the stands and it’s hard to top being in the crowd for a good game.

JRjr
Agreed 100%, nothing beats a great live football game. Some of the best moments in my life, outside of my daughters birth have been cheering on the jackets in the stands, but when you weigh everything, the at home experience makes sense considering cost and other obligations. If I lived closer to ATL then I would go to more games.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Of course, I don't know that VR can touch being there in person for this...

I was there for the fog game. I was there for Joe Hamilton's OT defeat of the dwags. And I was there for this - VR has a long way to go before it can beat being there.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
The experience to be at the game and all that comes with it, why would you pass that up? The cool crisp air, the band playing the fight song, seeing the team come out behind the wreck...I want to be apart of that until I physically can't make the trip(old as dirt age, Lord willing).