Five Thirty Eight article on GT overachieving

This deserves an embed:

pettigrew-datalab-signing-day-1.png

If your team is a perennial overachiever and has an unusually strong recruiting class this year, perhaps expect big things in the next few years.
daffydoesit.gif

The chart below that one in the article shows GT in the top 5 for overachieving since 2005, I believe.

Not sure how much stock you can put into his calculations. Yea, it says great things about us, but to have Ohio State score almost the same as Ugag.........well, the Buckeyes just won a National Championship and Ugag couldn't even win their state title. Just sayin.

Yeah....I'd say Clemson underachieves compared to,recruitment

Not sure how much stock you can put into his calculations. Yea, it says great things about us, but to have Ohio State score almost the same as Ugag.........well, the Buckeyes just won a National Championship and Ugag couldn't even win their state title. Just sayin.

Could just mean that Ohio St's recruiting class was that much better than Georgia's. It's all a relative differential, two schools can both meet predicted outcome from recruiting, but what that outcome was can be different.

For the part about overachievers getting a big class, this class will be hugely important for us because it will help keep us from dropping down badly after Thomas graduates.

I'd say the chart has UNC pinned fairly accurately.

We just dropped out of the top 40 on ESPN's recruiting rankings. :lol:

We have so much ammo for over-achievement, it's silly.

Could just mean that Ohio St's recruiting class was that much better than Georgia's. It's all a relative differential, two schools can both meet predicted outcome from recruiting, but what that outcome was can be different.

For the part about overachievers getting a big class, this class will be hugely important for us because it will help keep us from dropping down badly after Thomas graduates.

Yeah, pretty much. Remember, OSU's year was supposed to be 2015.

The 10-year rankings in the chart below that one is probably a better overall picture, though. If we can start consistently pulling classes in the low-30s, we could be in for a really special period in GT history.

Laughing even harder about it this year. :lol:

Recruiting rankings are a complete joke.

I mean all of these rankings are no less (or more) BS than the committee's mystery meat rankings, it's just that these are set up to please more people so fewer complain.

I honestly think in the next year or so we could see a major revamp of the recruiting rankings system. I have seen or read a whole lot of articles and references to the unreliability of the rankings system. There's this link about under/overachieving, there's the "no 5 stars in the super bowl" talk, Mike and Mike this morning with Golic especially bashing the rankings system, and the list goes on.

I think more people are starting to see it for what it really is.

Back