Fla has 3 planes & a $48 million aviation budget for recruiting

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
That is some recruiting juggernaut to go up against. 3 planes at their disposal & $48 million to spend, just on the aviation part.
Here's an article from the Washington Times on recruiting scams. The good stuff on Fla's budget, Tennessee's 2 Hummers & LSU hiring the Fla HS coach to get the 2 recruits from his school to come along, are down toward the bottom of the article.

Fla has 3 planes & $48 mil to spend on them!

"Is that dirty pool? Sure," one SEC coach said of the move. "But it's not really a surprise. The pressure to produce is intense, and recruiting is the dirtiest part of this business."

Like to know which SEC coach said this.
wink.gif
It's the "dirty" part that caught my eye.

Very good read.

Go Jackets!

I am very proud of the fact that Ga. Tech football has never been put on probation for recruiting or coaching no-nos. That is pretty amazing. We probably belong to a very small club in that regard.
BOO

I can handle three planes but not a $48 million aviation budget for recruiting;how big is the rest of the recruiting budget and what is the total athletic budget? These are some serious numbers folks, not calling anyone a liar but the source was not named, ... and I would really like more details.

drinking.gif

LOL. Ya think $48 mil is a tad too high just for recruiting? Remember, it's used for round ball, hard ball, racket ball, little ball & swimming. Women's sports in everything cept football. Fla has some serious women's teams in all sports, as well as, some pretty good men's teams. Gotta keep women's golf on top, too, if u're going for the Sears Trophy.

Back