Florida State game has to be a repeat effort

statelinejacket

Damn Good Rat
Jackets-Seminoles, the biggest monkey on Tech's back in my opinion is the Seminoles. 0-12 since they moved to the ACC. We have 3 wins against Georgia during the same period. A repeat performance is neccessary plus more for a win in Tallahassee. I don't want the Auburn game to be a fluke. Florida State appears to be on a rebound so Coach Gailey and his staff and players will have to be ready! A performance of the magnitude of Auburn could really start a roll that could last on until and beyound a visit from the Georgia Bulldogs. I have ate more crow since Saturday than I have had to in a long time, but none of it was about the "Defense." I told yall that we really bashed the BYU quarterback. But too often his fast reads and quick relase saved his butt from going down with the football. I knew Auburn did'nt have a quick read and act quarterback. And that Tech's defensive schemes could be highly effective. Now we have Chris Rix to deal with. A highly mobile quarterback whose past tendencies is to make questionable decisions and run too quickly instead of hanging in the pocket long enough to give his recievers a chance to get open. Black marks next to leadership have marked his career also. At least that is the reputation of Rix. We shall soon see. If we can get to him early a few times and lay the wood to him. His new found maturity will be put to the test. I feel that the defense can hold Florida State in check enough to win but the offence will have to pick up its scoring or at least burn clock time to give Tech's defense a rest here and there. Big hits on Rix and taking advantage of two or three turnovers could really test Florida State's coaching staff and players. Keep opening up the offence and lets work Reshaun Grant and Pat Carter into the game plan. By utilizing their speed and open field ability they could provide us with some big plays such as Kelly Campbell had against the Seminoles. All and all I am looking forward to seeing if Tech can take another step forward so as to remove any thoughts of Auburn being a fluke. Go Jackets.

Back