Football press conferences

GT89

Varsity Lurker
I like to listen to these. Key has good insights.

Maybe it's me - the "questions" that these people ask are odd. One guy is always "just curious" drop that already, another states the obvious and the others I am not sure where they get there material. One guy makes obvious statements - I am waiting for him to say "I guess you were happy the team scored a td there, or guess you feel good having so and so back in the lineup.

The GT press guy needs to pass out a template on how to write a question then have them ask it. No more Captain Obvious stuff.

Interest is at/near an all-time low, including from the media. Why wouldn’t it be? Like everything else about the program, it gets better with wins.

Bro all of sports are like this. Every same question and answer is reiterated on the field and in the locker room at every halftime and after every win and every loss.

"It wasn't just me it was the team"

"We have to get better at..."

"X is playing well right now"

"It was a great performance"

" X being out will definitely make a difference"

There has not been, nor will there be anything new uttered under the sun ever again in the existence of sports except for lame ass buzz words like "cerebral." These guys only regurgitate stuff they already heard elsewhere and most people's next thought will be their first in life in general.

I’ve noticed a that one common type of journalist question is to get a quote for an article. I think they already have the article written and have blanks where they know what the coach will say, but they just need the quote.

“At the end of the day…”

I’ve grown to be annoyed by its use in sports (players, coaches, media).

Better questions from the media…

1. “Coach, who would you say is the gayest player on defense?”

2. “Coach, have you ever killed a man or at least come close to it?”

3. “Coach, here’s a scenario: Dabo Swinmey, Barbara Bush, and Reggie Bush. Marry one, öööö one, Kill one Go!”

I’ve noticed a that one common type of journalist question is to get a quote for an article. I think they already have the article written and have blanks where they know what the coach will say, but they just need the quote.
A friend of mine was a beat reporter for a while (which was good for me some too, he got me into the ACCCG in 14), but he said he would often go into press conferences with his article 90% written and looking for the stock quotes to insert.

Back