Football trivia

golftango18yankeejuliet

Damn Good Rat
What former GT football player has an office next to Donald Rumsfeld's in the Pentagon?

Bonus: What former GT player made 7 (yes, seven) consecutive
65 yard field goals from the right hash in a pregame warmup?

Ok then. Edward O. Whealler

PS I knew it couldn't be you. You couldn't kick out of your own shadow.

You must be talking about the shadow that I cast a split second before the sun disappears.

I know Augustabuzz knows the answer to the first one so I'll give a hint. He was a starting center who was very undersized and has been in politics for a while.

I don't ever remember EO kicking one from 65 much less 7 in a row and he was in my class. I think his long in a game was 54. He kicked a line drive ball soccer style when it was still fairly new style. Cam Bonifay and Thigpen kicked before him and they were straightaway and more accurate.

This is too easy....

my old reddawg buddy, the former Member of the House of Representatives from Fort Worth and the Great State of Texas, the old redhead (now bald as a cueball), the Honorable Pete Geren.

Pete left GT after his academic junior year & ended up at UT-Austin. Believe his law degree is from there also.

DeepSnap

Re: This is too easy....

Yep! Pete was the starting center in 1972 and tipped the scales at a whopping 195#.

The kicks that E.O. did before that game were extremely high and had the perfect amount of end over end. There was a field level portal directly behind the goalposts with an ambulance parked in it. The kicks didn't barely clear the crossbar, they were hitting the ambulance.

Back